Job Title: Team Leader Assembly Line
Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 200,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Job Summary: The Team Leader Assembly Line will supervise the operation of TV Assembly section at Warehouse by supporting the Warehouse Manager with the day-to-day management of the Assembly Team for efficiency in achieving targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide leadership to the assembly team by coordinating workloads, assigning people and resources in an efficient and effective style to meet production requirements while achieving quality.
· Develop and support the team by focusing and monitoring individual performance, production targets, key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure that quality standards are met
· Train operators on processes within the team in line with the training plan
· Keenly monitor, evaluate and maintain visible team adherence and compliance to defined assembly procedures and instructions according to quality assurance requirements
· The incumbent will identify/ isolate non-conforming devices and escalate to different platforms following right procedures
· Achieve production throughput against stated capacity targets by clearly communicating the day to day targets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a National Diploma from a chattered & accredited institution in either electronics, electrical, Computer Repair &Maintenance, Business Studies, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or other business-related field. Possession of a bachelor’s degree in any relevant field is an added advantage
· At least three (3) years practical experience in team supervision
· Basic understanding of Assembly costs like; waste, downtime, scrap and re-works.
· Strong computer skills and experience of packages like MS Access, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
· Proactive, flexible, organized, energetic and able to work under pressure yet with a positive attitude.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Able to plan, analyze and troubleshoot
· Able to work cross functionally and collaboratively with many stakeholders
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and up-to-date CVs to: email@example.com addressed to with the subject “Team Leader – Assembly Line” addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Lubowa Estate, Plot 1300 -1301 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 23rd September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline