Job Title: Senior Manager Human Resource
Organization: Marie Stopes International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director of Corporate Services
Marie Stopes International exists to bring quality family planning and reproductive healthcare to the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. We’ve been delivering family planning, safe abortion, and maternal health services for over 35 years. Millions of women worldwide turn to us for help each year, whether in limiting the size of their families, or avoiding dangerous complications in pregnancy or unsafe abortion.
Job Summary: The Senior Manager Human Resource will mainly provide strategic oversight and business partnering support in the use of MSI U’s human resources. Leading a small team, the Senior Manager HR supports line-managers across MSI Uganda enabling them to build and nurture the high-performing teams necessary to run their businesses efficiently and to integrate all HR initiatives that support strategic initiatives. Effectiveness will depend on the post holder’s ability to develop quick and credible relationships throughout the organization and gain the confidence and commitment of the leadership team as well as deliver technical advice for HR operations. Specific HR actions include: the delivery of a viable workforce plan to ensure delivery of strategic programme; oversight of efficient HR systems to enable trust and organisational efficiency; performance and talent management oversight; conflict resolution and mitigation; risk management in relation to HR.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The delivery of a viable workforce plan to ensure delivery of strategic programme;
· Formulate an HR Strategy that clearly supports the delivery of business and supports new business
· Oversee business planning for HR to ensure viability and cost efficiency.
Oversight of efficient HR policy and systems to enable trust and organisational efficiency:
· HR Policy manual kept up to date and amendment (new policies) developed when needed as per date on policy
· All policies and systems included in induction of staff and on internet
· Carry out surveys across the market to advise management of remuneration policy and systems
· Policies for management of sickness, absence, leave, whistle blowing, conflict of interest, grievance and disciplinary procedures in place and are widely used and understood by managers
Recruitment and Selection:
· Design and implement recruitment, selection and induction standards that attract the best talent for the organization.
· Ensure all staff have current and up to date job frameworks in place
· The incumbent will deliver prompt recruitment services to clear and objective criteria
· Establish appropriate systems and processes for employee induction and skill specific orientation
Performance and talent management oversight for excellence now and into the future
· Oversee the performance management system and ensure that all managers and team members are trained on how to conduct performance reviews consistent with organizational goals
· Lead the performance review process across the management reflecting together on scores
Training and Learning
· Develop and manage implementation of MSI Uganda’s learning and development strategy, annual work plan and budget
· Clearly communicate organisational approach to learning and development to all staff
· Develop and manage a talent management strategy drawn from clarity in job Frameworks, performance measures and future strategies
· Mentor and train line managers to achieve objectives assessments and to develop appropriate succession plans and develop talent within their teams
Risk management in relation to HR including conflict resolution and fraud mitigation:
· HR risk section on register agreed, auctioned and monitored
· Code of conduct all staff/Conflict of interest agreement
· Fraud mitigation policy regularly reviewed
· Training to all staff on whistle blowing
· Ensure effective implementation of Zero-tolerance Fraud Policy and annual trainings on ethics
· Promptly and thoroughly conduct investigations of employee complaints using serious incident group if necessary
· Provide mediation support
· Collation of whistle blowing
Learning: Conclude all serious incidents with a report and noted learning
Mentoring of a client focussed HR team reflecting the excellence they expect in others:
· Select recruit and train the HR functions
· Build an HR team working together and with efficiency
· Provide performance management and training
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Senior Manager Human Resource placement should preferably hold a Master’s or equivalent HR related degree or equivalent (in a relevant discipline is desirable)
· Member of a recognised HR professional body
· A minimum of five years’ experience of managing, developing and successfully implementing a strategy for HR aligned with organisational objectives.
· Broad knowledge and experience of global HR practices, employment law, compensation, talent management, change management, employee relations, and recruitment.
· Highly attuned levels of discretion
· Excellent track record of driving HR initiatives through business needs and decentralised environments.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the complexities of working in a multicultural environment and demonstrable ability to put equity at the heart of strategy, policy and practice.
· Significant experience of working with senior business managers, providing customer focused HR advice and support to address organisational needs.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrates strong management and leadership skills both within the function and as a role model
· Advocacy skills; able to influence stakeholders through effective communication in a demanding external environment.
· Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
· More than one Ugandan language desirable
· Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
· Innovative: Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
· Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
· Responsive: Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
· Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
· Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
· Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
· Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
· Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results
· Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
· Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
· Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
· Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
The Senior Manager Human Resource provides a key interface between junior and senior staff and has regular contact with outside stakeholders. S/he is must actively demonstrate MSU’s core values of:
· Accountability of all staff to each other and our clients and stakeholders
· Equality of opportunity and access
· Value for money in the management of our resources
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Marie Stopes are strongly encouraged to send an updated CV and cover letter addressed to the Director Corporate Services via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 23rd September, 2016 by 12:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline