Job Title: Senior Finance Officer – DREAMS
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Project Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Senior Finance Officer – DREAMS will provide leadership and management of the DREAMS finance unit by planning, directing and controlling the Grant resources in line with World Vision policies/procedures, International Accounting Standards and ensuring compliance with to Donor regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will promote financial accountability and reporting for the grants to ensure compliance to both World Vision policies and Donor Regulations
· In charge of strategic planning and management through the provision of technical support in grant acquisition and proposal budget preparations and ensuring proper budget management of all the grants.
· Ensure cost efficiency and effectiveness by advising and assisting management on grant financial aspects of the ministry with particular emphasis on the financial implications of decisions to be made.
· Responsible for capacity building of Grant finance staff by establishing and supervising of all work practices including the provision of opportunities for orientation, training, development and succession planning.
· Risk management through the profiling of the risk in grants and ensuring that appropriate action is taken to address audit findings and implement recommendations.
· Strategic Networking through the mediation with Support offices on behalf of the projects and National Office on key requirements by respective governments in their support activities and the partnership
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the World Vision Senior Finance Officer job placement must hold a University education with a major in Accounting and a full professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CIMA or equivalent
· Knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self- education, and prior experience or on the job training.
· At least three years of grants management experience
· Proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
· The incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
· Impeccable level of integrity is required
· English fluent spoken and written language skills
· Excellent analytical skills
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 18th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline