Job Title: Risk Officer
Organisation: Vision Group
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Company Secretary
About Vision Group:
The Vision Group incorporated as the New Vision Printing & Publishing Company Limited (NVPPCL), started business in March 1986. It is a multimedia business housing newspaper, magazines, internet publishing, television, radio broadcasting, commercial printing, advertising and distribution services. NVPPCL is listed on the Uganda Stock Exchange, with an expected turnover of over UGX 60 billion (FY 2010/2011).
Job Summary: The Risk Officer will undertake the risk function on behalf of the company and ensure enterprise wide risk management as a key enabler to achieving the business objectives of the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will manage the process of identifying and assessing the risks affecting the company in order to develop risk mitigation, adequately plan risk responses and monitoring strategies for the company's critical risks.
· Establish Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) objectives for the Company in order to ensure integration with the corporate strategy.
· Establish, communicate and facilitate the use of appropriate Enterprise Risk Management methodologies, tools and techniques to ensure effective risk management.
· Keenly monitor, evaluate and challenge the Company's success in managing its risks in order to develop and continuously review risk management capabilities.
· The incumbent will ensure appropriate risk reporting to the Board and senior management.
· Carry out risk management education and training from time to time in order to increase risk awareness across the Company.
· Provide an independent view on proposed business plans and transactions in order to ensure proper oversight; identify and plan for possible risks.
· Ensure compliance with and regular review of the Risk Policy in order to have relevant and up-to-date Risk Policies and ensure an effective risk management framework.
· Develop and communicate on risk management policies in order to increase awareness and appreciation of risk and build a risk culture company wide.
· Develop and communicate the company's risk appetite and risk limits to ensure that the Company's risk exposure is within acceptable limits.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor's degree in Business studies, Finance, Accounting and other related disciplines from a recognized university.
· Full or Partial professional certification in CPA, ACCA and CIA will be of added advantage.
· A minimum of three years’ experience in risk management/ control, compliance, audit and business management.
· Demonstrated proficiency in analytical research and strategic planning.
· Previous experience in Project Management.
· Must be willing to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches and new solutions.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Demonstrate concern for precision and thoroughness.
· Must be flexible, stress resistant with the ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
· Must be analytical, reliable, and proactive with the ability to work independently.
How to Apply:
All those reeling to work in Uganda’s leading media house, The New Vision, should send applications and updated CVs to: Chief Human Resources Officer, The New Vision Printing and Publishing Company Ltd. P.O. Box 9815, Kampala, Uganda or deliver to their front desk at the main reception.
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline