Job Title: Resident General Surgeon
Organisation: Case Medical Group
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Case Medical Group is a conglomerate of an eighty-bed, modern Hospital located in Central Kampala, a Health Management Organization (Insurance), Case Medcare as well as a couple of other subsidiary and affiliate medical service providers. Its facility was established in 1995 by an indigenous Ugandan as a small clinic on Bombo Road but has since grown to a quality one-stop medical centre providing first rate health care services in a competent and caring environment.
Job Summary: The Resident General Surgeon will primarily be responsible for providing consultancy services in surgery and perform general surgical procedures in the operating theatre
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will carefully analyze patient’s medical history, physical condition and examination results to verify operation’s necessity and to determine best procedure.
- Examine patient to provide information on medical condition and surgical risk.
- Prescribe preoperative and postoperative treatments and procedures.
- Follow established surgical techniques during the operation.
- Preparation and treatment of the patient’s operative area.
- Operate on patients to correct deformities, repair injuries, prevent and treat diseases, or improve or restore patients' functions.
- The incumbent will examine instruments, equipment, and operating room to ensure sterility.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, medical officers, fellow surgeons and other specialists in the hospital. Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioners when necessary.
- Manage surgery services, including planning, scheduling and coordination, determination of procedures, and procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Provide consultation and surgical assistance to other physicians and surgeons.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an MMED Surgery from a recognized university.
- At least two years of postgraduate working experience.
- One year of Laparascopic surgery experience.
- Physically and mentally healthy to do surgeries.
- Demonstrate good surgical judgement and decision making in treating injuries, diseases and deformities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate surgical techniques needed to diagnose and treat injuries, diseases and deformities.
- Broad knowledge of appropriate surgical tools and equipment needed to treat injuries, diseases and deformities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate standards of patient preparation pre operatively.
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate standards of post-operative care of patients.
- The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate work i flexibility as and when required by the hospital management.
- Ability to manage own workload effectively.
- Effective time management
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Emotional resilience
- Language Skills: Fluent in English and Luganda
How to Apply:
All candidates must send their applications and updated CVs addressed to the Human Resource Manager, Case Medical Centre.
Deadline: 4th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline