Job Title: Recruitment and Training Officer
Organisation: RUFORUM (Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Coordinator
Job Reference No: RUF/JOB/02/16
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), established in 2004, is a consortium of 42 universities in 19 countries of Eastern, Central and Southern Africa (ECSA). The organisation evolved from the Forum on Agricultural Resource Husbandry (FORUM) program of the Rockefeller Foundation. RUFORUM is registered as an International Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) and has mandate to oversee graduate training and networks of specialization in the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA). RUFORUM has an MoU with the African Union for strengthening science, technology and innovation capacity in Africa.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will coordinate recruitment and training initiatives under the MCF@RUFORUM unit
· Keenly monitor, evaluate and assess quality of training provided to the MCF@RUFORUM students.
· Actively participate in reviews for training at the RUFORUM Secretariat, implementing universities and prepare appropriate reports relevant for the project documentation.
· Compile data for generation of need projections to facilitate planning for training, budgeting, and cycle planning.
· Update database of MCF@RUFORUM students including tracker information and profiling of their performance during and after training in the RUFORUM Information Management system (RIMS)
· Perform any other business as assigned by the Regional Coordinator
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the RUFORUM Recruitment and Training Officer career opportunity must hold a least Master’s degree in a relevant field of science including agriculture, biological or environmental/ natural resources science.
· A minimum of three years’ experience working in a university/training institution.
· Three years of coordinating student’s recruitment and training processes.
· Willingness to work over the weekends and readiness to travel at short notice
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their applications via email to email@example.com, or delivered in hard copy (with CD enclosed containing soft copy) to:
The Executive Secretary
RUFORUM Secretariat, Plot 151 Garden Hill,
Makerere University, P.O Box 16811, Wandegeya
(Ref: RUF/JOB/….: ...................)
Applicants should quote the reference number and job applied for, and should attach photocopies of necessary academic support documents, including letters from two referees. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Screening of applications will begin in November, 2016, and will continue until the post is filled.
Deadline: 30th September, 2016 by 17:00 Hrs
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline