Job Title: Project Manager
Organization: Vi Agroforestry
Project Name: Growing Resilient Agricultural Enterprises (GREAN) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Vi Agroforestry is an International Non-Governmental Organisation (INGO) with headquarters in Stockholm, and registered as a foundation under the name Vi planterar trad in Sweden. The offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda are country offices and are registered in the respective countries under the name Vi Agroforestry. Vi Agroforestry works with small-scale farmers and their organizations in Lake Victoria's catchment area in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania. The organization contributes to reduced poverty through sustainable agriculture adapted to climate change. The main method is support to farmers’ organisations and agroforestry, where trees and crops are planted together and integrated with livestock. Agroforestry methods enable farmers to increase and diversify their production.
Job Summary: The Project Manager will take overall management and delivery of the Growing Resilient Agricultural Enterprises (GREAN) Project, including supervision of 2 Project Officers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Tasked with the overall planning and reporting in line with project activity schedule and milestones for the organizations
· Responsible for adhering to and complying with Donor requirements and regulations as stipulated in the Grant Agreement and related documents
· In charge of the coordination between partners and other stakeholders
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Sciences, Environment, Agroforestry or other related qualification (technical knowledge in the fields of Sustainable Agricultural Land Management Practices, Climate Change Mitigation/Reduction in small-scale farming, Fairtrade Carbon Crediting or development of new markets for small-scale farmers will be an advantage)
· At least five years’ experience of Project or Grant Management.
· Excellent leadership and managerial skills
· Excellent Budget Management Skills and knowledge of Basic Accountability
· Advanced Computer Skills especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs to the: Human Resource Officer, Vi Agroforestry via Email to: Uganda@viagroforestry.org
Deadline: 2nd September, 2016 by 5pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline