Job Title: Programme Coordinator
Organisation: Biogas Solutions Uganda Ltd (BSUL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Board of Directors
Biogas Solutions Uganda Ltd (BSUL) is a private company limited by guarantee established in Uganda with the objective to formulate, develop and set in motion strategies, policies, plans, measures, systems and approaches that support the private sector led biogas programme aimed at sustainable improvement of the livelihoods of rural and peri-urban households in Uganda. BSUL is the national implementing agency for the ABPPII programme, which is jointly managed by HIVOS and SNV. The program is implemented in four other African countries.
Job Summary: The Programme Coordinator will take overall responsibility for the management of the company, which includes efficient management of financial resources; review and approval of budgets and monitoring expenditures; supervision of field operations, administration, logistics and procurement; supervision of monitoring and evaluation; and ensuring quality control and timeliness of all deliverables as required by Board of Directors. S/he will ensure full compliance with the company’s regulations and that all reporting processes are in line with the requirements of its investors/financiers. S/he will be responsible for performance management of all company staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will identify, assess, and inform the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the company and act as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors
· Develop and communicate clear mission and strategic direction
Operational planning and management:
· Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the company
· The incumbent will ensure that the operation of the company meets the expectations of its clients, Board and Funders
· Manage the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the company
· Build and strengthen working relations with local service providers and consultants
Human resources planning and management:
· Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment
· Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the performance of staff on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review
· Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance
Financial planning and management:
· Work closely with staff and the Board to prepare a comprehensive budget
· Administer the funds according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the company
· Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditures of the company
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Master’s degree in business, economics, entrepreneurship or comparable education and proven related experience.
· At least seven years of progressive management experience in commercial and/or social enterprises
· Work experience in private sector/SME development and business finance modalities.
· Excellent track record in coaching, process facilitation, team /rapport building with local stakeholders.
· Proven experience in building and leading a medium size business is a plus.
· Knowledge, skills and abilities in: Leadership and management principles, current challenges and opportunities in climate-smart energy, human resources management, financial management, and project management
· Behaving ethically, pro-poor social issues,
· Skilled in building relationship
· Excellent written and verbal English skills
· High degree of innovation
· String client focus
· Fostering teamwork
· Ability to inspire and mentor
· Result orientation
· Good decision making skills
· Good organizational and planning skills
· Skills and experience in reporting and problem solving
· Good analytical and quantitative skills, and thinking strategically.
· Network in the private sector (Renewable Energy, Agriculture and/or other relevant subsectors) in Uganda.
· Willingness to intensively travel in Uganda
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application, CV, letter of motivation and names and contacts of two professional referees to POmach@snvworld.org with reference: BSUL- CP.
Deadline: 30th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline