Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: Real Medicine Foundation (RMF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Real Medicine Foundation provides humanitarian support to people living in disaster and poverty stricken areas, focusing on the person as a whole by providing medical/physical, emotional, economic, and social support.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer manages project procurement and ensures compliance with UNHCR and RMF policies, contractual terms, OPM Uganda Acquisition Regulations, and other applicable rules and regulations, support the procurement of a wide-range of goods, commodities, and services through subcontracts and purchase orders. The role will undertake procurement functions that include preparing specifications and solicitation documents, managing bid evaluations, drafting requests for consent of the Programme Officer, and overseeing vendor selection processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and manage vendor relationships, contacts, and pre-qualifications lists.
- Provide input to project procurement for financial and other reports.
- Maintain procurement files (paper and electronic backup) according to policies and procedures.
- Provide procurement procedures and policy guidance and interpretation to program staff.
- Coach, mentor, and train program staff on procurement policies and procedures.
- Support the procurement of a wide-range of goods, commodities, and services through subcontracts and purchase orders.
- The incumbent will develop tools and forms required for procurement, contracts, and other agreements such as bid analyses and selection and negotiation memos.
- Manage procurement-related tasks in coordination with the Programme Officer.
- Carry out procurement functions that include preparing specifications and solicitation documents, managing bid evaluations. drafting requests for consent for the Programme Officer, and overseeing vendor selection process.
- Oversee project procurement and ensure compliance with UNHCR and RMF policies, contractual terms, OPM Uganda Acquisition Regulations, and other applicable rules and regulations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, BSC in Procurement and Logistics.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible procurement work experience.
- Expertise in administrative project management.
- Experience in competitive procurement of goods and services.
- Excellent knowledge of English and good working knowledge of at least one other Ugandan language.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software applications.
- Demonstrated Integrity and transparency in Procurement.
- Experience in working with CSOs especially building their capacity.
- Demonstrated history of Procurement Training.
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Applicants should be in alignment with Real Medicine Foundation’s values of respect and dignity, its vision of ‘Liberating Human Potential’ and ‘Empowering Local Leadership,’ and its mission of providing humanitarian support to people living in disaster and poverty-stricken areas, focusing on the person as a whole by providing medical/physical, emotional, social, and economic support.
NB: This employment start date is 5th of October 2016.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates must send Email their updated CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail sealed to: RMF Uganda; Kamalu Makerere Kavule, Kampala opposite Total Petrol station Kavule or call: 0702994110.
Deadline: 30th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline