Job Title: Junior Negotiator
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. In Africa, besides exploration and production and renewable energies, Total is active across the whole petroleum product supply chain (service station network, general trade, lubricants, aviation fuels, bitumen, LPG) in more than 40 countries, where the Group is the sector leader with an estimated 18% market share. Around 1.8 million customers are served every day at one of TOTAL’s 4,200 service stations on the continent.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Junior Negotiator is responsible for the following;
- In charge of participating in the development and maintenance of the project model in liaison with the Company’s headquarters. Building the projects documentation system
- and liaising with the Finance team for purposes of budgeting and cost control
- Supporting the commercial Manager, Finance and Legal Advisors in development of project finance.
- In addition, liaise with Financiers, and project partners for the creation of the Pipeline Company and related negotiations with partners.
- The incumbent will also participate in discussions with Governments and drafting of the Inter Governmental Agreements and Host Government Agreements as well as fiscal negotiation and provision of economic simulations.
- Participate in the preparation of agreement structures and associated documents in relation to the pipeline project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the TOTAL Junior Negotiator job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Engineering, Legal or related field
- Possession of a Masters degree in Business Administration is an added advantaged.
- At least five years’ experience in Finance, economics, projects evaluation and investment
- In-depth knowledge in financial analysis and economic calculations
- Prior exposure and experience in upstream regulations and taxation
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills( both oral and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal , numeracy and analytical skills
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join on of the world’s leading international oil and gas companies, TOTAL, in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 7th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline