Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Organization: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (CORSU)
Duty Station: Kisubi, Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Therapies
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (for people with disability) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre on Entebbe Road provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children with disability.
Job Summary: The Occupational Therapist will develop and implement appropriate occupational therapy programmes for CoRSU clients. These include activities for daily living, Upper limb function and control, sensory and perceptual skills, cognition, behavior and social skills training, as well as pre-vocational assessment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will also work with clients on a one-to-one basis, group or special setting based on their levels of function and severity of disability.
- Provide occupational therapy consultation, support and update about the clients’ progress and status to caregivers and all those involved in the rehabilitation team.
- Responsible for quality control of assistive devices or appliances as required by the clients.
- Responsible for the use and maintenance of the therapeutic playground.
- Refer clients to the respective specialists for consultation and appropriate intervention.
- Ensure maintenance of all therapy equipment by ensuring regular servicing.
- Provide on-the-job training for occupational therapists, therapist assistants and volunteers.
- Actively participates in developing and or updating condition specific rehabilitation protocols.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Occupational therapy
- Updated registration and annual practicing licence with Allied Health Professionals’ Council
- Good computer knowledge and documentation skills
- Knowledge of rehabilitation of people with disabilities especially children
- Good leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of Protocols of Therapy Services
NB: Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of academic qualifications) to The Head of Human Resources, CoRSU Hospital P.O. Box 46 Kisubi, Uganda or email to email@example.com.
Deadline: 26th September, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline