Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organisation: National Drug Authority (NDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The National Drug Authority (NDA) is an autonomous body which was established by the National Drug Policy and Authority Act Cap 206 , Laws of Uganda (2000 Edition) to regulate Human and Veterinary Medicines and other healthcare products. NDA’s mandate is to ensure quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines and other healthcare products through the regulation and control of their production, importation, distribution and use.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will carry out risk-based internal audit assignments and contribute to the improvement of the organization’s risk management, internal control, reporting and governance processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly review accounting and internal control systems of NDA and advise on required improvements
- The incumbent will examine financial and operating information to ensure that it is reliable and complete
- Review the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of the operations of NDA to ensure that value for money is being obtained in all transactions
- Perform approved audit procedures and prepare working papers in accordance with departmental guidelines and professional auditing standards.
- Identify areas for improvements in the organization's governance, reporting, risk management and internal controls
- Perform special investigations as may be required
- Regularly review and recommend improvement of internal controls designed to safeguard NDA resources and to ensure compliance with drug regulations, NDA Act and Policies
- Undertake field visits to verify operations, assets, liabilities as and when needed and produce reports
- Follow-up on audit recommendations by both internal and external auditors
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting) or Bachelor’s in Business Administration (Accounting) BSC Finance (Accounting option) or equivalent
- Membership with a professional qualification such as CIA, CPA, ACCA
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position in a reputable organization/ or audit firm.
- Previous experience using specialized accounting packages such as Navision
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Knowledge of the NDA policies, rules, regulations, procedures and best practices governing the management and accountability for funds and assets.
- Knowledge of the Public Finance management Act
- Knowledge of best practices in financial management and value for money Audits
- Proficiency in MS Office computer programs (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access)
- Knowledge of IT based Auditing
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their handwritten application letters with a detailed CV and copies of academic certificates and transcripts, contact addresses and day time telephone numbers of three (3) work related referees; should be submitted to:
Head of Human Resource & Administration,
National Drug Authority,
Plot 46-48 Lumumba Avenue,
P.O. Box 23096, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 21st October 2016