Job Title: Manager, Internal Audit
Organization: Centenary Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Manager Internal Audit
Centenary Bank is the leading Commercial Micro Finance Bank in Uganda serving over 1,300,000 clients (a quarter of the banking population) in 58 branches spread countrywide. We are one of Uganda’s top three financial organisations, employing more than 1,900 people. Joining Centenary Bank is an opportunity to use your skills and experience in tackling real world problems.
Job Summary: The Manager, Internal Audit will plan, review and co-ordinate the execution of Audit assignments, prepare Audit Reports, identify emerging risks and develop professional and competent audit staff in line with the Audit manual, International Audit Standards, Bank policies and Business Plan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will plan and implement audit resource allocation and utilization in line with the annual audit plan.
- Keenly review audit plans and field work to guarantee they are risk based and comply with internal audit manual and policies.
- Continuously improve and update the audit manual and audit methodologies to enhance efficiency of audit operations.
- Take part in the Bank’s audit plan for the year and preparation of the division budget.
- Manage or perform offsite analysis and identify emerging risks in line with the bank policy.
- Supervise the review of monthly and quarterly Bank’s returns to Bank of Uganda as per the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Prepare audit engagement plans, supervise and monitor progress of audit assignments for all bank divisions and branches in line with set standards
- The incumbent will mentor and supervise audit staff and review draft reports from supervisees in charge of assignment
- Draft audit methodology improvement papers to train staff and confirm compliance with IIA& FIA
- Prepare Board reports for review by head of Division before submission to the Board in line with set standard
- Confirm that all assignments are done in compliance to international standards
- Manage staff performance, develop and train staff in line with the policy and audit training needs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Centenary Bank Manager, Internal Audit job placement should hold an Honours degree in BBA, B.Com, Statistics, Economics or related qualifications.
- Professional certifications e.g ACCA, CIA, CPA and CISA.
- At least five years audit experience of which 3 years should be at Audit supervisory level in a financial institution
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good interviewing skills
- Good report writing skills
- Decision making abilities
- High degree of Integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrable organizational, planning and analytical skills.
- Broad knowledge of risk-based audit methodology, banking risks and related controls.
- Readiness to travel within Uganda and willingness to take up assignments in any part of the country.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join Centenary Bank should send their applications by following the instructions below; downloading an application form for employment, download here, filling it and enclosing an application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) with three professional referees and copies of academic testimonials/certificates and send the application to:
General Manager Human Resources, Centenary Bank, P.O. Box 1892 — Kampala, Uganda.
Note: While we thank all applicants for your interest. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 23rd September 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline