Job Title: Manager Corporate Services
Organisation: Uganda Development Corporation (UDC)
Project Name: Soroti Fruit factory (SOFTE)
Duty Station: Soroti, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager/CEO
Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) has been revived as an investment arm through which Government will invest in strategic Sectors of the economy in partnership with the private sector to trigger industrial and economic development of the country. The mandate of UDC is to promote and facilitate the industrial and economic development of Uganda. One of the current projects UDC is implementing is the Soroti Fruit factory (SOFTE).
Job Summary: The Manager Corporate Services will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration, and IT.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Internal Financial Resources of SOFTE to implement its business plan.
- Provide financial compliance supervision to the utility companies.
- Manage SOFTE’s Human Resource to achieve optimal organisational performance
- Initiate, develop and implement policies, strategies and procedures for the SOFTE’s internal financial management.
- In charge of preparing statutory financial reports and management accounts, budgets, and cash flow planning for the SOFTE.
- Develop appropriate Human Resource policy and oversee implementation of agreed policies of the company.
- Initiate, develop and implement internal financial control procedures and manuals.
- Control the implementation of financial policies, procedures and practices
- Manage SOFTE finances (cash flow, verification of expenditure, bank reconciliation etc)
- Lead SOFTE Budget formulation, implementation, monitoring & its performance review
- Compile SOFTE financial management reports and advise on issues related to them.
- Supervise all staff within this Department to ensure effective implementation of their duties.
- Mentor staff within this Department.
- Ensure that SOFTE has portfolio of skill-sets that meet organisational requirements and mandates
- Guide management on pertinent policy developments and reviews.
- Monitor the implementation of policies.
- Develop training programmes in light of identified skill gaps of staff.
- Co-ordinate the Staff performance appraisal process on a regular basis as required by the policy.
- Manage the medical scheme and advise management on its appropriateness and feasibility.
- Coordinate the recruitment process for UDC and ensure the implementation of appropriate exit procedures.
- Manage Staff welfare
- To oversee the management and coordination of the legal services for UDC
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the department of Legal Services
- Support to the legal regulatory process
- Develop procurement policy for both core business and administrative goods and services
- Provide technical support with respect to analysis/evaluation of tender bids for competitive and framework contract procurements
- Prepare contracts and monitor procurement contract performance and receipt and accountability for goods and services
- Ensure that SOFTE is resourced through an effective and efficient procurement system.
- Ensure that the Procurement system complies with the set regulations and consistent with the institutional and/or PPDA and any other relevant legislations.
- Ensure that all procurement activities achieve the best value proposition through the Value For Money criteria.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Finance and Accounting; and or other relevant degree.
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant with ACCA, CPAU, and member of the ICPAU, having an ICSA or a Diploma in Legal Studies is an added advantage.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience working in a large organization at a managerial level.
- Should be result oriented, team player with a high degree of professionalism.
- Proficiency in relevant computer packages.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Should have good leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Good mentoring skills
- Experience in FMCG environment will be an added advantage
- Age: Between 35 – 55 years
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
Uganda Development Corporation,
Floor 5, Soliz House,
Plot 23 Lumumba Avenue,
P. O. Box 7042 Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 7th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline