Job Title: Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Feedback and Monitoring Coordinator
Twaweza is an independent East African initiative that was established in 2009 by Rakesh Rajani, a Tanzanian civil society leader who founded HakiElimu and served as its first executive director until the end of 2007. Twaweza’s approach and theory of change is built on the lessons from the HakiElimu experience, as well as wide ranging conversations across East Africa conducted through 2008 and a review of the literature.
Job Summary: The Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be in charge of overseeing and implementing the monitoring activities as articulated in the Twaweza monitoring plan, documenting lessons learned and communicating those within Twaweza, and in close consultation with the Monitoring and Feedback Coordinator at times outside Twaweza.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the implementation of the various monitoring studies commissioned as part of the Twaweza monitoring portfolio, working closely with the relevant implementing units and the Monitoring and Feedback Coordinator, and as relevant with LME Director
- Significantly contribute to developing and improving methods for monitoring that will produce (quantitative and qualitative) data relevant to Twaweza’s Theory of Change
- Regularly analyze monitoring data and translate creatively into well documented lessons, working closely with the Program Officers and Monitoring and Feedback Coordinator.
- Actively promote learning from the monitoring work through active communication for both internal use, as well as an external audience (e.g., writing first drafts of Monitoring Briefs, writing blogs, etc.)
- On a continuous basis, liaise and collaborate with the Evaluation Fellow and/or LME Director, particularly to provide monitoring data, reports, assessments, lessons, and other monitoring and feedback documentation as relevant to the evaluation portfolio.
- Organize and oversee the implementation of the internal learning agenda in a creative and effective manner, including taking leadership in and management of the country-based learning sessions.
- Successfully implement above responsibilities and assigned activities in work plans and budgets, consistent with Twaweza Policies.
- Actively contribute effectively to planning, monitoring, reporting and information dissemination of Twaweza’s work.
- Work in liaison with Twaweza staff across units and countries in a spirit of mutual respect and cooperation to get things done.
- Communicate your work through active use of internal platform (SalesForce), electronic calendar (Gcal) and being accessible on electronic chat (Skype) as per Twaweza requirements.
- Actively participate actively in organization-wide learning and other joint activities.
- Twaweza Job Description: Learning, & Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Comply with and foster adherence to the established Twaweza values, policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
- Perform any other lawful tasks as may be assigned by your Supervisor and/or Executive Director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Twaweza Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation job should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; a Master’s degree preferred;
- At least five years of relevant work experience;
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Uganda’s political and social dynamics;
- Broad knowledge and practical application of monitoring approaches and methods (mixed methods preferable);
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills; proven data analysis skills (both quantitative and qualitative) a strong plus;
- Excellent verbal, writing and communication skills in English;
- Strong affinity with the thinking behind the Twaweza concepts;
- Demonstrated team working qualities, and ability to deliver quality results;
- Curiosity and passion to learn, push the envelope, innovate, take thoughtful risks and get things done.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send an updated CV / resume (max 4 pages) to email@example.com, including a cover letter explaining your interests/motivations to work for Twaweza, and two samples of your written work and names of three professional referees, in MS Word or PDF file. In the subject of your email write your name and the position you are applying for.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline