Job Title: ICT Infrastructure Specialist
Organization: Housing Finance Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Technology Service & Infrastructure Manager
Housing Finance Bank was incorporated as a private company under the Companies Act in December 1967, the Bank has become a household name and has grown in leaps and bounds with a good track record among the pioneers of a mortgage lending. National Housing & Construction Corporation, a parastatal involved in real estate business has 5% shareholding and National Social Security Fund (NSSF) holds 50% and the Government of Uganda holds 45%. Today, the bank looks back with pride on the business accomplished in the mortgage lending business. Through innovation and placing emphasis on Honesty, Integrity, Efficiency and Customer care, Housing Finance Bank is the leader in the mortgage, holding a 90% market share.
Job Summary: The ICT Infrastructure Specialist will provide periodic hardware and operating system maintenance support to end users, including provisioning systems, servers and storage resources as well as, Installing, configuring other Information Technology peripheral infrastructure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will check hardware and software systems for integrity and availability.
· Install, configure, upgrade and repair servers, desktops, printers of the Bank.
· Coordinate technical aspects of support with external vendors and provide input/guidance on Hardware infrastructure
· Offer timely hardware support to all Bank users.
· Install, configure check UPS power system? to ensure availability.
· Manage the Virtualized server infrastructure
· Prepare and submit monthly Hardware health status report
· Efficiently manage the Bank’s storage systems
· Develop and update operating procedures to ensure 99.9% availability of the Servers, Storage systems of the Bank.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Technology Service & Infrastructure Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Housing Finance Bank ICT Infrastructure Specialist job placement must hold a Bachelor of Computer Science/Information Technology/ Electrical and Electronic Engineering
· Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation Certificate
· VMware Certified
· A minimum of three years’ experience in large Microsoft, Solaris, VMware and APC based enterprise environments.
· Expert knowledge of VMware and Windows 2008/2012 server and Exchange 2013
· Expert knowledge of UPS power systems APC and TRIPLLITE.
· Broad working knowledge of managing VOIP PBX system
· Knowledge of UNIX and storage systems such as Netapp, Sun Oracle ZFS storage
· Excellent customer service and people skills
· Focuses on result and responds positively to feedback.
· Result orientedness and demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexity
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Banking sector are invited to send their applications including an updated CV, certified copies of all academic transcripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, and email address of both applicant, and three competent referees addressed to:
Head Human Resources, Housing Finance Bank, Plot 4 Wampewo Avenue, P. O. Box 1539, Kampala. Uganda.
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted. All applicants who will not have heard from us within five weeks of closing date should consider their application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 21st September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline