Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Organization: Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd (UEGCL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd was incorporated in March 2001 under the Companies Act, 2012 on the basis of the Public Enterprises Reform and Divestiture Act, Cap 98 and Electricity Act, Cap 145 respectively. UEGCL is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Uganda. UEGCL’s key role is to - carry on the business of electric power generation and sale within Uganda or for export to neighbouring countries; build, operate and maintain Electricity Generation Plants; monitor the operation and maintenance of its Concessioned Assets - Nalubaale and Kiira Power Stations; provide Technical Support as and when required by the Government of the Republic of Uganda through the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development; organize, support, encourage and maintain training facilities in technical and related fields, amongst others.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Manager will provide leadership, supervision and support in the areas of Personnel administration, Performance Management and staff Development that are necessary to maintain a skilled and competent workforce
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinate the recruitment and selection processes within the organization.
· Work in close liaison with the line managers and supervisors ensure that performance appraisals and other tools/processes of performance management are effectively carried out in time
· Actively promote the development of efficient Human Resource Planning systems through developing & maintaining information /records management systems.
· Provide guidance to management on labor issues and changes in statutory requirements.
· Provide guidance and implement grievance and disciplinary procedures
· Take part in the formulation and review of Human Resource management policies and research on the new policies while keeping track with changes in the labour market.
· Manage all Human Resource information for effective decision making including leave and contract management
· Provide leadership and supervisory support to the staff training and development function of the organization.
· Ensure that the staff separation procedure is in place and within the labour laws.
· Provide counselling to staff in different areas as may be required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the career placement should hold a Bachelors Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline like Social Sciences, Business Administration, etc.
· Possession of a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management is a must
· Membership with a professional Human Resource body and other additional qualifications will be an added advantage
· A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience at a similar level in a reputable and busy organisation.
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Good communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and high level of integrity
· Computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with copies of their academic documents and detailed CVs indicating two referees and their full addresses physically to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd (UEGCL),
3rd Floor, UEDCL Tower,
Plot 37 Nakasero Road P.O. Box 7583, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 23rd September, 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline