Job Title: Head Planning
Organization: Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director, Planning and Strategic information
The Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC) was established in 1992 by an Act of Parliament (Cap 208) and is situated under the Presidency of the Republic of Uganda. The Act provides for the Commission to Oversee, Plan and Coordinate AIDS Prevention and Control activities throughout Uganda - in particular to mobilize, expedite and monitor resources for the HIV/AIDS control programmes and activities.
Job Summary: The Head Planning will provide lead technical expertise to guide the planning for the National HIV/AIDS response at both the National and Sub-national level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will develop and disseminate guidelines for planning to stakeholders at both National and sub-national level
· Develop organization-wide or department-wide goals, objectives and policies
· Coordinate the development of the Strategic Plan(s), National Priority Action Plan and the Annual Work Plan and the respective budgets while ensuring alignment of the different planning cycles
· Offer technical support to the Directorates, Districts and Self Coordinating Entities in the formulation and maintenance of strategic and action plans for the HIV/AIDS response
· Develop and disseminate performance standards and indicators
· The incumbent will coordinate the preparation and management of the Output Budgeting Tool
· The jobholder will also collect, analyze, collate and synthesize data into useful information for end-users
· Actively participate in the preparation of the performance reports and track budget expenses
· Actively participate in the periodic reviews of the Strategic Plan(s), National Priority Action Plan and the Annual Work Plan
· Act as a liaison with all stakeholders and perform all the necessary functions in support of the Planning function
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UAC Head Planning job opportunity should hold a Master of Arts in Economic Policy and Planning, Master of Arts in Economics, Master of Science in Quantitative Economics, or a Master of Statistics from a recognized University.
· At least ten years of progressively responsible planning experience with three years of experience in a supervisory / managerial role in a reputable organization.
· Previous experience in the Health Sector shall be an added advantage.
· Good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
· Broad knowledge of the methods and techniques of research and analysis
· Working knowledge of the principles of budgeting and finance
· Computer literacy i.e. knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Office
· Good management skills
· Sound project management skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the editing, oversight or preparation of technical reports, and the presentation of information to government entities and various committees
· Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills to work effectively with various stakeholders
· Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills
· Ability to exercise sound and independent judgment within general policy guidelines
· Should demonstrate creativity and innovation
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should provide a cover letter expressing interest in the job, a detailed CV, including names, addresses, and phone contacts of three professional referees, copies of professional/educational certificates and send it to:
The Director General, Uganda AIDS Commission, Plot 1-3 Salim Bay Road Ntinda, and P.O Box 10779, Kampala. Uganda OR hand deliver the application to its offices indicated above from 8.00am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline