Job Title: Receptionist
Organization: Malaria Consortium
Project Name: USAID/PMI Malaria Action Program for Districts (MAPD) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Office Administrator
Salary: USD 6,250 gross per annum
About Malaria Consortium:
Malaria Consortium is the world’s leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium works with communities, government and non-government agencies, academic institutions, and local and international organisations, to ensure good evidence supports delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning. Malaria Consortium works to improve not only the health of the individual, but also the capacity of national health systems, which helps relieve poverty and support improved economic prosperity.
About USAID MAPD Project:
The Malaria Action Program for Districts (MAPD) project is a 5-year USAID/PMI funded project. The project aims to prevent and control Malaria illnesses and deaths in order to minimise the social economic effects of the disease among the overall population of Uganda especially in children under 5 years of age. The project will be implemented starting in August 2016, and will cover 43 districts with a total population of more than 13 million. The Malaria Action Program for Districts project offers a partnership uniquely positioned to deliver this implementation rollout. Partners include Johns Hopkins Program for International Education in Gynecology and Obstetrics (JHPIEGO), Banyan Global, Deloitte &Touché Uganda, Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) and Communication for Development Foundation-Uganda (CDFU).
Job Summary: The Receptionist is responsible for management of the reception area. The Receptionist is responsible for management of the reception area, receiving visitors, managing the central office phone, directing visitors and proving any administrative related support to the operations team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure that the front desk represents the organization to the visitors in a professional manner: (70%)
· Ensure that the front desk is staffed at all times during the working hours
· Receive incoming calls to Malaria Consortium? and transfer to requested person
· Make outgoing calls from Malaria consortium? and connect to requested person
· Receive parcels from DHL and give them to owners, and also send parcels through DHL
Ensure that the office buildings are kept in a clean and tidy way: (15%)
· Make sure that all offices are kept clean at all times including the wash rooms by providing adequate supervision to the support staff responsible for office cleaning
· Ensure that the office cleaners and kitchen staff are performing to the required standards
· Ensure that the compound has a tidy and professional appearance including gardening.
· Report any building and maintenance issues to the Base Logistician
Support the operations section to process CORE payments as required: (10%)
· Raise payment forms, submit to finance and make follow on payments
· Receive, analyse, code and prepare request for payment for water , electricity, staff telephone and security bills
· Ensure that the first Aid Box is fully stocked at all times.
· Book accommodation for staff members from upcountry offices.
· Ensure that the stationery store is always fully stocked, and request for more items in case they are over.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Malaria Consortium USAID MAPD Receptionist career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information and office management/ office Administration or related.
· One year of experience in the field of administration
· Previous experience in managing a reception, switchboard and/or customer care is desired
· Proven previous experience in office management is desired
· Possess good understanding, knowledge and experience in document control and management
· Ability to effectively manage time and resolve crises.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Good excel and other software skills
Delivering Results: Takes on pieces of work when required and demonstrates excellent project management skills
· Shows a flexible approach to taking on additional work /responsibilities when needed to achieve results
· Demonstrates excellent project management skills to agreed timescales (timelines, targets, donor requirements)
· Makes clear and timely decisions within remit of own role
Analysis and use of information: Gathers information and identifies problems effectively
· Interprets basic written information
· Attentive to detail
· Follows guidelines to identify issues
· Recognises problems within their remit
· Uses appropriate methods for gathering and summarising data
Interpersonal and communications: Fosters two-way
· Recalls others’ main points and takes them into account in own communication
· Checks own understanding of others’ communication by asking questions
· Maintains constructive, open and consistent communication with others
· Resolves minor misunderstandings and conflicts effectively
Collaboration and partnering: Good and effective team player
· Is as a good and effective team player
· Knows who their customers are and their requirements.
· Respects and listens to different views/opinions
· Actively collaborates across teams to achieve objectives and develop own thinking
· Proactive in providing and seeking support from team members
Leading and motivating people: Open to learning and responds positively to feedback:
· Willingness to manage own development and performance
· Builds capacity of colleagues by sharing knowledge (induction) and acting as induction ‘buddy’ when asked
· Open to learning new things
· Responds positively to feedback from others.
· Identifies mistakes and takes positive steps to improve
Flexibility/ adaptability: Recognizes own stress levels and adapts
· Recognises limitations and take steps to manage any resulting pressure or stress
· Remains focused on objectives and goal in a rapidly changing environment
· Takes responsibility for own work and for the impact of own actions
Living the values: Demonstrates Malaria Consortium Values
· Demonstrates integrity, honesty and fairness in dealing with colleagues and stakeholders
· Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in line with Malaria Consortium’s values
· Treats all people with respect
Strategic planning and thinking and sector awareness: Manages own workload effectively
· Plans and manages own workload effectively
· Is familiar with Malaria Consortium’s mission and current strategic plan.
· Understands own contribution to Malaria Consortium’s objectives
How to Apply:
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply online at the web link below.
Deadline: 16th September 2016 by 2:30 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline