Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organization: Ministry of Works and Transport
Project Name: Standard Gauge Railway Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Procurement Officer
The Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Works and Transport is spearheading the development of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) network. The SGR project is being implemented over five (5) years as a regional project with Uganda’s partner states of Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan. The objective of developing the SGR network is to provide a modern, fast, reliable, efficient, and high capacity railway transport system as a seamless single railway operation.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will conduct routine procurement and disposal activities, and implement assignments in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act 2003 as amended, Regulations 2014, Guidelines and the existing SGR procurement operational manual.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with end-users and prepare procurement plans for an entity for approval by the relevant bodies;
- Prepare bid documents and advertisements of approved bid opportunities;
- The jobholder will issue bidding documents;
- Maintain a up-to-date providers list;
- The incumbent will prepare contract documents;
- Issue approved contract documents to the providers;
- Maintain and archive records of the procurement and disposal process;
- Prepare and submit monthly procurement and disposal reports;
- Prepare any other such reports as may be required from time to time;
- Co-ordinate the procurement and disposal activities of all the departments of the procuring and disposing entity;
- Capture procurement and disposal data entry into the Government Procurement Portal (GPP);
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s (Hons) Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management.
- The preferred candidate must have completed at least an Advanced Diploma in purchasing and supply (CIPS Level 5).
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a Procurement Officer in a busy public sector organisation.
- Personal Competencies: Team Work; effective Communication; Ethics and Integrity; Result orientation.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should send written applications with letters of recommendation from either the current or previous employer(s) covering the last three consecutive years of employment, copies of academic certificates & transcripts, previous and current appointment letters, curriculum vitae, and a recent passport size colour photograph.
Applications should be addressed to:-
The Project Coordinator, Standard Gauge Railway Project,
P. O. Box 27756, Kampala. Uganda
Applications should be delivered to the …New Vision Offices…
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and Canvassing or lobbying by applicants will lead to disqualification.
- Candidates who present forged documents/testimonials will be arrested and prosecuted.
- Envelopes containing applications should be clearly marked with both the position applied for and duty station.
Deadline: 28th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline