Job Title: Finance and Procurement Assistant
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Report to: Head of Finance
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based Danish INGO working closely with church-based as well as secular NGOs in Uganda and in the Great Lakes region. Their programmes cover two main areas: Active Citizenship with a strong focus on good governance and democratization, and Food Security including Humanitarian and Transitional Responses to conflict and natural disaster. DanChurchAid has supported emergency relief and development programmes in Uganda since 1979. DanChurchAid works through partners and with a gender-inclusive rights-based approach, which is mainstreamed throughout all DanChurchAid programme types as well as within the organization.
Job Summary: The Finance and Procurement Assistant will actively contributes towards ensuring efficient and effective financial, procurement, IT and administrative management of the OCA Humanitarian Office in Yumbe, with a particular responsibility for the financial support to humanitarian projects and support to the procurement and logistics needs of the field office. 60% of the job will be within finances, 20% on procurement and logistics and 20% will be IT and administration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will support budgeting, financial quality assurance, monitoring, and reporting of expenditures of all projects under the humanitarian office.
- The Finance and Procurement Assistant supports the Humanitarian Coordinator in developing budgets for proposals and providing monthly updates to the Finance Unit.
- The Finance and Procurement Assistant will also ensure that the DCA financial manual rules and guidelines are followed at the field office, participate in project appraisals, undertake partner assessments, capacity building and ensure good quality in all DCA financial reporting.
- The jobholder will ensure an updated DCA assets register in the field office. S/he will oversee the field fleet management (fuel consumption; cost of repairs, etc.)
- The Finance and Procurement Assistant will ensure professional implementation of DCA’s procurement and logistics activities in the field office according to the DCA Procurement Manual;
- The Finance and Procurement Assistant will be responsible for the IT needs in the field office, i.e. good maintenance and cleaning of computers, updating of programmes, including the anti-virus system and the mail system.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the DanChurchAid Finance and Procurement Assistant job placement must hold a degree in a relevant field and preferably with a
- Professional accounting certification i.e. CPA/ACCA
- A minimum of two years of experience working with an INGO
- Proven capacity to prioritize tasks, plan and organize your own efforts to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and experience in working with a partner based approach.
- Excellent analytical skills and eye for details and deadlines
- Working in a humanitarian setting would be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should mail their applications letters, together with updated CVs and contact details of three work-related references, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line referring to the exact job title.
Deadline: 2nd October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline