Job Title: Management Accountant
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Finance
PostBank Uganda Ltd is a financial institution owned by the government of Uganda and regulated by Bank of Uganda. The bank has its operations in over 30 branches spread across the country and 290 ATMs after joining Interswitch.
Job Summary: The Management Accountant will provide Financial Management information for decision making, Budgeting& Forecasting, Variance analysis and Commentary as well as product profitability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the preparation of the Annual Budget
- In charge of the preparation of the monthly Budget
- In charge of reviewing of the expenses against the budget
- Variance analysis
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of monthly and annual performance reports
- Participate in the preparation of the MDs report
- Preparation of the Executive Committee report
- In charge of preparing and submission of the Branch performance report
- Participate in the pricing structure of the bank
- Preparation of product performance reports
- Preparation of the ALCO pack
- Maintaining the Head count Template
- Attending Budget meetings
- In charge of developing the Budgeting process.
- Preparation of Special reports for business strategy
- Ensuring that Corporation tax, WHT, PAYE, Stamp duty, Excise duty NSSF & LST are remitted and certificates obtained
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the Postbank Management Accountant job should hold a Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent
- Professional Accounting Course (ACCA or CPA) is an added advantage
- Ability to think critically, analyse problems and make sound decisions.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with the Microsoft, excel and suite of applications.
- Budget monitoring and general ledger skills;
- With minimal supervision, manage high volume of work-flow efficiently
- Proactive, problem solver and accountable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Integrity, a hard worker and ability to manage change.
- Age: Between 28-35 years
How to Apply:
All candidates should send the following to the address below;
- Detailed and updated CV
- Certified copies of certificates and testimonials
- Applicant’s address and daytime telephone contact
- Postal/ email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society.
The Head Human Resources, PostBank Uganda Limited, Plot 4/8 Nkrumah Read, P.O. Box 7189 Kampala (U)
Deadline: 26th September, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline