Job Title: Administrative Coordinator for Fundraising
Organization: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (CORSU)
Duty Station: Kisubi, Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Fundraising /CEO
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (for people with disability) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre on Entebbe Road provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children with disability.
Job Summary: The Administrative Coordinator for Fundraising will oversee programs within the Fundraising function. The incumbent will co-ordinate and support the development of new fundraising programs with the unit. The jobholder ensures the smooth running of fundraising unit and effective service provision by the team members.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of managing the funders’ database which will involve coordinating with the current and potential funders/donors; accounts department, and the entire team
- Ensure that all fundraising data and photos/video clips are appropriately collected and uploaded to the system.
- Regular correspondence with current and potential funders/donors involving the writing and submitting of reports; grant applications.
- Writing and or reviewing of patient stories for fundraising purposes
- Coordinate and collation data and reporting to relevant donors and finance department
- Developing new funding and collaborative opportunities for the hospital
- Organising and budgeting for the fundraising events – such as the Children sports event.
- Manage the distribution of information leaflets
- Work closely with CORSU administration staff in matters relating to materials requisitions and supplies
- Take minutes of departmental and other fundraising related meetings
- Administrative duties relevant to departmental work
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the CORSU Administrative Coordinator for Fundraising career placement should hold a bachelor’s degree in project management, public relations, fundraising and business administration
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication (articulate and polite, assertive), presentation and social skills
- Good telephone etiquette
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Able to work on own initiative, prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Reliable and able to work under pressure
- Broad knowledge of rehabilitation of people with disabilities especially children
- Working knowledge of protocols and standards of rehabilitation services
- Needs to be a flexible and creative person
- Good sense of judgment;
- High degree of confidentiality
- Enthusiastic with the desire to become involved and develop in the role
- Knowledge of English
NB: Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of academic qualifications) to The Head of Human Resources, CoRSU Hospital P.O. Box 46 Kisubi, Uganda or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 26th September, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline