Job Title: Finance Manager
Organisation: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Project Name: Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains (REACH) project
Funding Source: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
About REACH Project:
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) has submitted a proposal for the REACH (Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains) project to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kampala, Uganda. The project will improve market engagement for 40,000 market oriented farmers, strengthen household resilience and increase availability of agricultural support services for farmers and businesses in the rice and potato value chains in consideration of their strategic importance to the Government of Uganda and EKN.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will be responsible for all financial and accounting issues. S/he will be supported by Accounts Assistants, one based in Kampala and two based in field offices in Uganda. The main purpose of this job is to maintain, and update proper books of accounts in the computerized accounting system in use. S/he will conduct himself/herself with integrity and advise on necessary systems to safeguard the assets and financial operations of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will plan, supervise, monitor, and coordinate the program accounts in line with IFDC accounting policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with HQ and regional accounts staff to facilitate clear communication, problem solving and systems development.
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely end-of-month, quarterly, and annual reports
- Effectively manage project cash flow and liquidity positions to maintain an appropriate level of available operating funds for project activities.
- Support the Chief of Party and the field teams in formulating budgets for their sections and/or activities where necessary.
- Keep track of the budgets to ensure funds are properly utilized in the allocated time period.
- Prepare monthly budget pipelines.
- Supervise key financial functions including staff payrolls, statutory deductions etc
- Keenly review accountabilities for staff advances against supporting documentation and intended activity; follow up on outstanding staff advances that are in non-compliance with policy.
- Carry out monthly budget to actual analysis and advise the Chief of Party on any major variances
- Design and implement an effective internal control system to ensure the prevention and detection of both incidental and intentional errors and fraud.
- Oversee the management of the petty cash fund.
- Ensure PAYE and NSSF are remitted before the deadline to avoid paying penalties.
- Check and ensure the accuracy of input VAT schedules prepared by the Assistant Accountant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Finance Manager job opportunity should hold a University Degree in Accounting, Commerce or Financial Management.
- Part or full qualification with a professional accounting body such as CIMA, ACCA, and CPA is an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position with a recognized NGO or International Organization (private or public).
- Proven leadership, managerial and organizational skills
- Computer literacy i.e. proficient in the use of MS Office with hands on experience in an accounting packages such as Pastel and QuickBooks.
- Good analytical skills, flexibility, honesty, creativity; takes initiative
- Excellent report writing, budgeting and analytical skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) should Apply Online by clicking on the link below. Follow the instructions on how to create resume and Apply.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline