Job Title: Communications Advisor
Organisation: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
Job Summary: The Communications Advisor, based in Kampala, will be responsible for strategic communication planning and delivery for both projects. S/he will be supported by the Nairobi based IFDC Communications Coordinator and by IFDC headquarters communications staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will ensure the delivery of planned project communication strategies and helping to keep them up to date.
- Maintain regular social media presence for the project(s)
- Supporting technical staff in designing and producing audio, video, and visually oriented training materials.
- In charge of preparing articles and success stories illustrating project(s) approaches and achievements.
- Work closely with the media by promoting and maintaining contacts with local, regional and national media.
- Assisting in all report editing, formatting, illustration and graphics.
- Organizing the project(s) photo and video library.
- Collecting feedback on, and evaluating the impact of, communications activities.
- Developing and coordinating the production of radio and video infomercials.
- Organizing promotional events, media campaigns and press releases to promote project themes, messages, and achievements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Communications Advisor career placement must hold a degree in public and media relations or other relevant qualification.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in mass media and public relations.
- Computer skills in word processing, PowerPoint, image editors, desktop publishing and other graphic software.
- Proven skills in video and audio program-making.
- Skills in event management, and strong interpersonal relations.
- Previous experience in developing training materials.
- English spoken, writing and editing skills. A good knowledge of one or more of the local languages in Uganda is advantageous.
- A good knowledge of the Uganda agricultural sector is advantageous.
- Ability to meet agreed work related deadlines essential.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) should Apply Online by clicking on the link below. Follow the instructions on how to create resume and Apply.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2016