Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 18996
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Senior Officer, Contracts & Vendor Management will support the Bank by being responsible for monitoring, supervising and coordinating of contract execution with vendors, implementation, delivery and guidance in respect to all the procurement activities related to service delivery, performance management of suppliers and contract administration in line with the Bank Policy& Procedures, Legal Provisions and Best Practice.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Service & Stakeholder Management:
- Offer timely support in the receipt of feedback on the service provision of the external service providers, and management of the feedback to ensure compliance.
- Build and maintain sustainable relationships with all relevant external stakeholders in order to secure the necessary customer relationships and benefits
- Develop and maintain an up to date and efficient contracts management and suppliers/service providers database management system with targets to avoid risks relating to delayed renewal and termination and prepare analytical monthly status reports in line with bank policy, best pro-active and departmental work plan.
- Prepare and monitor Supplier Appraisal database to ensure effective implementation of Contract targets and Performance of Post Contract awards to guide management decisions on future procurements in line with Bank Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure relevant approvals for the contract have been obtained before sign off of the contract.
- Work closely with users and Legal to draft and ensure execution of the contract as per the guidelines incorporated in the contract.
- The incumbent will liaise with users and Legal to act as the link between the contractor and the Bank during the execution of the contract.
- Ensures the value for money during the execution of the contract by examining onetime costs, unit costs, recurring costs, internal costs, and quantitative costs.
- Offer support in the negotiation of contracts with an optimum mix of price and quality
- Negotiate contract terms, pricing and payment schedule, ensuring that the agreements with the vendors / suppliers are commercially advantageous
- Review contracts and SLAs to mitigate any loop holes and recommend mitigationg factors.
- Brings to the attention of management any contractor who breaches the contract.
- Work closely with Risk, users and Legal, review all contracts/agreements to achieve best price/best quality’ purchasing
- Prepare and draft tenancy and lease agreements in consultation with the users and Legal Department.
- Provide legal support to the operations department
- Regularly review all requisitions to ensure that purchases are made within the various cost centre’s set capital and Operational expenditure budgets.
- Negotiate offers from pre-qualified suppliers based on the Procurement Policy in a timely manner and at lowest total cost of ownership without compromising quality
- Provide guidance to and manage the performance and behaviours of their teams, ensuring high levels of motivation, competence and service orientation
- Identify appropriate training and development courses and initiatives to enable the team’s on-going growth and development
- Performance Management, including recognition, reward and poor performance management
- Set performance targets for staff and monitor performance against these
- Develop staff as well as foster a team approach by actively building strong relationships within department
- Embrace new ways of working with Sourcing Colleagues and wider community, helping to embed new ways of working and cultural changes
Control: Implement procurement policies and procedures to cover all contracts and vendor management activities.
- Identifies appropriate formal and occupational (informal) training needs and courses (internal/external) to develop oneself
- Attend continuous legal Education in accordance with the Uganda Law Society curriculum.
- Up-Skills oneself regarding new products and procedures through attendance of workshops/presentations and reading of internal and external communications.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Senior Officer, Contracts & Vendor Management job opportunity should hold a Bachelor's degree in business administration, procurement or a related field from a recognized university
- Professional CIPS qualification
- A minimum of three years’ experience in procurement, contracts, vendor performance management and supply chain management at a supervisory level
- Experience in managing people (direct and indirect reports)
- Extensive knowledge of strategic purchasing, contract management and supply knowledge.
- Problem solving skills to analyse information to evaluate internal and external demand and external supplier information and extract critical cost opportunities.
- Contract drafting skills
- Attention to detail and ability to assimilate, appraise and extract information quickly when faced with numerous ad hoc queries.
- Ability to influence clients
- Good negotiation skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 22nd September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline