Job Title: Building Loans Consultant
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 18993
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Building Loans Consultant will assist the Home loans manager to ensure that Building Loan applications are accurately and promptly processed for lending decisions to meet required service level agreements and turnaround times on all applications submitted
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Building Loans Consultant will constantly aware of opportunities for new business and to follow up business which might be lost to other bank e.g. request for references, request for settlements
- The jobholder will also analyse and interpret financial statements
- Go to physical locations and evaluate Residential properties, building loans, smallholdings and sectional titles in terms of the set out requirements.
- Routinely inspect building Loans to ensure that construction work is acceptable and in full compliance with the Bank’s minimum specifications
- Keenly review and prepare building cost estimate from plans.
- Ensure that valuations are completed within the laid down turn-around times at all times
- Advanced product knowledge among the sales staff and the general network through training and product awareness.
- In charge of the preparation of applications for credit and general assessment
- Obtain all supporting documents i.e. identification documents, license, pay slip and financial statements from the customer.
- Provide the personal banking team with deal execution schedules and manage the drawdown processes.
- Retention and management of existing loan book with intentional cross-sell activities on top ups
- Continually keep abreast of competitor and other changes within the banking environment
- Inspect building plans and check for conformity to Government & legal requirements.
- Review and check Building quotes & specifications for conformity to building standards and requirements
- Calculate the retention amounts to be held on all building loans
- Keep abreast of new building techniques and report to management if required.
- Ensure to maintain professional relationships between Valuer's and the various professional teams (Architects, Quantity Surveyor's, Engineer's, Developers and Builders)
- Develop and follow a structured a customer calling programme.
- Conduct interviews with customers applying for building loans.
- Attend to customer enquiries relative to building loans
- Build relationships with construction consultants to optimise sales opportunities as well as customers.
- Send periodic customer information alignment to ensure data integrity
- Branch product training sessions and material.
- Ensure no complaints and queries through diligent and accurate work and if complaints are received, deal with such complaints immediately and courteously.
- Meet set daily, weekly and monthly productivity targets for assessments.
- Maintain good relations/ networks with internal and external stakeholders, incl. credit and field agents.
- Offer support, testing and change management for any new system or system upgrade
- Management of account setup for the whole building loan portfolio on a quarterly basis.
- Implementation of new policies through constant engagement with all key stakeholders
- In charge of communication through awareness trainings of all changes in product policies to the network and public
- Ensure quality and accuracy of reports, verifications, pricing and impact down the line
- Ensure that building loans are adequately controlled; that care is taken when authorizing progress payments to ensure that sufficient funds are retained to complete the work should the contractor default.
- Keep technical skills current and stay abreast of any changes to legislation relevant to Home Owners.
- Control and manage risk, by minimizing compliance and risk errors respectively.
- Ensure compliance to Valuer’s policy is adhered at all times.
- The Building Loans Consultant will partner with Compliance to ensure that all assessor activities are compliant with regulatory frameworks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Building Loans Consultant career placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Building Economics or building related field from a recognized university.
- Proven ability to stay attuned to the needs of the market and developments in the finance sector. Able to translate market knowledge into product innovations and new designs that are responsive to the needs of clients
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the Home loans product
- Demonstrated ability to implement operational techniques and activities that are used to fulfil requirements for quality including; improvement, control, management or assurance of quality
- The ability to analyse customer needs by engaging with them, analysing their business objectives and their financial position
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the risks and processes associated with lending using fixed assets as security for long term loans
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 21st September 2016