Job Title: Assistant Camp Manager
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Camp Manager
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading national humanitarian organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. The ICRC is an International humanitarian institution which has a mandate to protect victims of international and armed conflicts i.e. the wounded, refugees, civilians, prisoners and other non-combatants.
Job Summary: The Assistant Camp Manager will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Camp Manager in providing camp management support to the South Sudanese Refugees Emergency Operations for URCS Response Actions and Projects in Bidi Bidi resettlement site.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the camp manger with management of any emergency situations in the camp.
- Support the supervision of URCS’s WASH and construction activities.
- Work in liaison with camp committees to ensure effective implementation of all activities in the refugee camp.
- Support in ensuring that non-food item distribution is conducted smoothly and fairly.
- Offer support in the maintenance and update security information and data in consultation with OPM and UNHCR, camp committee and implementing partners.
- Adhere to URCS and Donor standards and accountability requirements for all resources within the camp.
- Work closely with the camp Manager in supervising and monitoring refugee movement and resettlement.
- Support the Camp Manager in all mass meetings, events and commemorations in the refugee camp.
- Assist the camp manager achieve the clearly outlined strategic direction, priorities, objectives and expectations.
- Support the constructive collaboration between all of URCS’s work areas: WASH, Shelter and Camp Management, as well as between URCS, local authorities, other NGOs (WASH and Health) and UN agencies.
- Support the Camp Manager’s office in its work and maintain constant communication.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Uganda Red Cross Society Assistant Camp Manager career placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Human Resource Management or a related field.
- Post graduate qualification in Management, Social work, or a related field is an added advantage
- At least three years’ experience working in a humanitarian context, preferably in a refugee program
- Excellent interpersonal and Able to work with a diverse range of people and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills
- Able to use initiative and think strategically
- Community facilitation skills
- High level of integrity
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement should send their filled application forms, download here and E-mail to: email@example.com or mail via post to: The Secretary General, Uganda Red Cross Society, Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road, P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 23rd September 2016 by 5.00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline