Job Title: Area Programme Manager
Organisation: Build Africa
Duty Station: Kumi, Uganda
Build Africa is an International NGO that has been operational in Uganda since 1996. Build Africa Uganda (BAU) programmes focus on Education and Livelihood improvement. BAU currently works in 13 districts with its field programs coordinated through two Area offices located in Kumi and Masindi. Build Africa is currently implementing a number of projects from different donors.
Job Summary: The Area Programme Manager will be accountable for the quality and timely delivery of Build Africa education and livelihood programmes within their designated field base. This will be carried out in strict adherence to Build Africa Uganda’s internal policy and procedures and donor guidelines. The incumbent will be expected to continually monitor the effectiveness of programme delivery, identifying areas of improvement in terms of quality and compliance and implementing agreed changes with the support of the Senior Management team and the field staff. The post will also contribute to the development and implementation of BA’s strategic plan and will lead programme design initiatives at the field level. As a senior member of staff, the post holder will play a key role in the overall leadership and direction at BAU, acting as a role model and building the capacity of staff under their direct supervision.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a relevant master’s degree from a recognized University with at least five years demonstrated experience in implementing development projects, OR a relevant Bachelor’s degree with at least ten years in implementing development projects.
- Significant experience working with a national or international NGO with a specific experience in delivering primary education and livelihoods programming.
- Experience in developing and managing project budgets in line with donor requirements
- Should be comfortable working in an environment that espouses thinking outside the box, constantly questioning the status quo and continuously improving programs.
- Significant experience in line management of a team or office with experience and appetite for building the capacity of field staff.
- Previous experience of developing, maintaining and overseeing project design, monitoring and evaluation frameworks and KPIs.
- A person of high integrity that will follow BAU's core values and adhere to a zero tolerance on waste and corruption.
- Familiarity with child safeguarding and accountability mechanisms is an advantage
- Enjoys working in a rural location and has a minimum of 3 year’s practical experience of working in or managing a field office.
- Effective in maintaining two way dialogue with all staff.
- Keen attention to detail and effective report writing in English.
- Comfortable with computer programmes including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel especially.
- Experienced in designing and delivering workshops.
- A good team player who shows creativity and innovation to addressing challenges.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an updated CV/resume which should include your contact information and three professional referees, state your current salary and expectations. Send to;
The Human Resources Officer, Kampala or
Email to: email@example.com
Physically submit applications to the address below;
Build Africa Uganda- Kampala (Head Office), Plot 431 & 424, Central Zone, Off Gaba Road, P.O Box 7224 Kampala.
Build Africa Uganda- Kumi, Plot 28 Liang Road,
P.O. Box 350 Kumi. Tel 0392 769648
Build Africa Uganda- Masindi, Plot 2 Kabalega Crescent,
P.O. Box 66 Masindi. Tel 0465420171
Deadline: 30th September, 2016 by 1:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline