Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project
Duty Station: Kampala and Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Officer
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID ASSIST Project:
The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement (October 2012-September 2017) awarded to University Research Co., LLC and is dedicated to improving health, population and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions, country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies.
Job Summary: The Procurement Assistant is mainly responsible for guiding staff on procurement of goods & services and ensuring proper procurement processes and procedures are in accordance with both URC and USAID procurement rules and regulations. The incumbent will be providing administrative support for the implementation of project-supported activities for the URC - ASSIST Project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
· The jobholder will coordinate with requestors and make sure the right materials needed. Find out the sample of material to be purchased if necessary;
· Provide purchased materials to the responsible office and 'do all actions for completing the process.
· Follows up approved orders for timely delivery of goods and services by the vendor; proper receipt and clearance of any materials, supplies, or equipment, and conducts negotiation of any returns or adjustments which may become necessary.
· Communicates with staff concerning delivery progress and maintains records of receipt of invoices.
· Supports supervisor in maintenance of updated records related to procurement function such as vendor contract files, BPA agreement files with service providers
· Ensure that staff adhere to all URC procurement procedures.
· Ensure that all purchased goods are delivered I according specification to the end
· Track project inventory in URC format including equipment, furniture and vehicles.
· Ensuring an efficient inventory tracking and management system and maintaining adequate stock levels at all times.
· Ensure that all assets are signed for by respective users.
· Maintain office inventory and tag each individual with inventory serial numbers, conduct a semi-annual physical Inventory review and record any losses or damaged furnishings and or equipment.
Vendor Payments: Work in close collaboration with the Project Finance team, coordinate payment of goods and services upon receipt of invoices in accordance with URC policies and ensure compliance with USAID financial and procurement policies and procedures.
Other Duties: Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID ASSIST Procurement Assistant job vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Business Administration with a bias in procurement, Supply chain management or related field.
· A minimum of two years’ relevant work experience in a similar position in an NGO.
· Keen attention to detail and maintenance of confidentiality is a must.
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in MS office.
· A person with high integrity.
· Familiarity with USAID regulations and rules is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send application letters, updated CVs, and relevant academic documents as well as names and contact information for three professional references and day time contact numbers to:
The Human Resource Officer- USAID ASSIST Project,
University Research Co., LLC, Plot 40, Ntinda II Road, Naguru,
P.O. Box 28745, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 23rd September 2016
NB: Please indicate the position in the subject if you are sending electronically. Applications will be shortlisted as they come in and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline