Organisation: Movit Products Limited (MPL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Research & Development
Movit Products Limited (MPL) is a leading Quality Cosmetics Manufacturer in Africa with operations in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan. Movit Products Limited manufactures Skin and Hair products.
Job Summary: The Assistant Manager Research & Development will assist in planning, implementing, and monitoring all activities related to research & development, design, testing of our products, incorporating technology, value engineering, and cost reduction measures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will actively participate in the formulation of new product samples;
· Keenly analyze and deliver results for identified product batches with raised customer issues;
· Maintain an integrated research protocol in the development of new products;
· Maintain and update professional knowledge and taking responsibility for continuing professional development (CPD);
· Participate in the production and updating of laboratory documentation;
· Examine, test and analyze all developed products to ensure consistency and stability;
· The jobholder will assess the requirements for new products based on the market needs in cooperation with Sales department and selected customers sample;
· In charge of improving the product range and keeping the product range up to date with the new trends in technology and phase out obsolete products;
· Coordinate with concerned departments to update the product range with the developed product, e.g. Sales to promote the product, graphics & design for drawings and specifications, Purchasing Department for sourcing suppliers and procurement, etc;
· Perform complete review, verification, and validation for new products to ensure conformity to requirement and fitness for use;
· Establish product design reviews with the aim of simplifying the manufacturing; and
· Operations, reducing manufacturing cost and possibility of product standardization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Movit Products Limited (MPL) Assistant Manager Research & Development vacancy must hold a degree in Industrial /Analytical Chemistry or in a similar field;
· A minimum of five years of professional experience in Research &Development in a cosmetics manufacturing company;
· Able to keep Confidentiality on mixing formulas;
· Broad knowledge and understanding of all regulatory requirements with regard to the production chemical products;
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
· Ability to work within a team and work independently, self-directed and solutions-oriented as well as excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the above specifications should send an application form, download here, with an updated Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic transcripts via E-mail to:
The Head of Human Resources,
Movit Products Limited,
P.O. Box 27109 Kampala, Uganda or
E-mail to: email@example.com (Not more than 1.5 MBs)
Deadline: 19th September 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline