Organization: Better HAG Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala and Manafwa, Uganda
Better HAG Uganda is a local non-profit organization mandated to address SRHR, HIV / AIDS, MNCH and OVC.
Better HAG Uganda is going to work with Amplify Change to implement a 2-year “Powered Health Initiatives (SRH) and Rights” Project aims to improve the Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR) situation of young people through improving access & quality of SRHR education, improving access & quality to SRH services & helping to create a more enabling environment for SRHR. The project will be delivered by the “Coalition of rural Youth and Women’s Rights – CYWR” – a Consortium of 4 CSOs under the Captaincy of Better HAG Uganda. The other implementing partners include Treasure Woman Foundation (TWF), Girl Help and Sorry Comes after Danger (SCAD).
Job Summary: The Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) Officer will take responsibility of planning, coordinating, monitoring & implementing of the “Powered Health Initiatives (SRH) and Rights – Manafwa district” Project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work in liaison with implementing partners on program activities providing logistical support such as preparations for workshops and field visits;
· Responsible for collecting, registering and maintaining information on project activities by reviewing field monitoring visit, quarterly and annual progress reports from implementing partners;
· Develop and monitor implementation of work plans, budgets and recommendations in field monitoring reports. This includes developing and implementing a strategy for periodic project reviews based on agreed period targets.
· In charge of collection, compilation and analysis of data in support of research aimed at improving the effectiveness of the ASRH project;
· Take lead in reporting against agreed plans in accordance with the set guidelines.
· In charge of contributing to the preparation of statutory progress and annual reports by providing information, preparing tables and drafting selected sections of them;
· In charge of preparing background material for use in discussions and briefing sessions;
· Offer support with other administrative work related to the SRHR project such as preparing correspondence, planning tools such as procurement, travel and quarterly work plans, and reviewing program financial reports;
· Develop and implement capacity building plans for the project target audience. Initiate and maintain partnerships and networks with district stakeholders for coordination and harmonising SRHR interventions for young people.
· Performing any other duties as required by the Program.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a University degree in SWSA, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Public health, or a related field.
· Possession of a Post graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
· At least three years progressive work experience with a reputable Non-Governmental Organization.
· Prior exposure and experience in project cycle management, monitoring and evaluation, resource mobilisation, basic financial management, community mobilisation, training, advocacy, mentorship and coaching.
· Previous exposure, experience and interest in working with young people in the area of SRHR/HIV/AIDS.
· Good team work
· Excellent networking and communication skills (oral and written).
· He/she should be dynamic, self driven, exhibit high initiative and work under minimum supervision has computer software skills (standard applications in MS office).
· Age: Between 26 and 35 years
NB: Qualified females are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send an application letter with current detailed CV indicating three references, two of whom should have been direct supervisors. Please address queries and applications to the Executive Director, Better HAG Uganda and send by email to: email@example.com. (Please copy firstname.lastname@example.org and in your correspondence) or hand deliver sealed applications to either;
Plot 147, Kisingiri road, Off Sir Albert Cook Road, Mengo Town, Kampala
St. Lawrence House, Bupoto road
Opposite Magale Sports Ground
Magale Town Council
Deadline: 9th September, 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline