Job Title: Systems Administrator
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager MIS
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Systems Administrator Reports will serve as a technical expert in the area of system administration for all hardware and Software forming the NIRA ICT infrastructure. The incumbent will also investigate and analyze feasibility of system requirements and develop system specifications. S/he will identify methods, solutions and provide leadership in providing a high level of service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers ICT support services
- Regularly monitors performance of both hardware and software in the processing of Authority’s work
- Institutes and regularly takes corrective action on ICT infrastructure
- Performs internal ICT training and support for new staff
- Keenly monitors and ensures regular servicing of Authority‘s ICT hardware
- Conducts assessment of Authority’s ICT needs and recommends suitable hardware and software configurations as well as ensuring proper use of ICT facilities by the Authority staff
- Regularly monitors and ensures regular servicing of Authority‘s ICT hardware
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Manager MIS.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Systems Administrator job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or a related field.
- Recognized professional ICT qualifications in UNIX/Linux and Microsoft such as HP-UX CSA, MCSA, MCSE, RHCSA, and RHCE is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in system administration with a reputable public or private organization.
- Broad understanding and knowledge of Programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies in use e.g. virtualization, storage systems; UNIX/Linux system administration, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools.
- Ability to Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures
- Ability to communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline