Job Title: Shift Engineer (Electrical Maintenance)
Organisation: Roofings Rolling Mills
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Roofings Rolling Mills is a leading steel manufacturer in East Africa running a three Phase manufacturing plant. Comprising of a wire galvanizing line, reinforced TMT bars rolling mill, Continuous Galvanizing line and Colour Coating line located in Namanve Industrial and Business Park, Kampala Uganda. With world-class technology from all over the world (Germany, Austria, Italy, Canada, Japan and India), the combined capacity of the plant is over 234000 tons per annum.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of planning and scheduling plant equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for implementing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Conducting routine preventive inspections on all equipment.
- Act as the Adviser to the production team on maintenance related observations.
- Follow-up on hydro power supply and consumption trends in conjunction with maintenance manager.
- Mentoring and supervising electrical technicians.
- In charge of monitoring and controlling shift maintenance costs.
- Finding and fixing faults and calibrating instruments.
- Analysis of breakdown trends and presentation of viable options to management.
- Responding to abrupt machinery breakdowns any time.
- Follow-up on statutory inspections of electrical equipment, pressure vessels and other plant equipment that may require statutory certification.
- Plan and implement necessary maintenance related trainings for the department.
- In charge of the preparation and submission of shift maintenance reports
- Maintenance records update in ERP
- Report any observed cases of wear and tear on the premises for repair and maintenance.
- Ensure observance to safety procedures by the maintenance team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- At least three years’ experience in electrical engineering preferably in a manufacturing firm.
- High leadership abilities to drive a large team.
- Excellent coordination and communication skills
- Ability to analyse electrical breakdown trends and propose viable solutions.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a soft copy application letter, detailed CV with three professional referees and scanned copies of academic documents via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly indicate the tittle of the position applied for in your email subject line.
Deadline: 31st August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline