Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Registration Officer IDs
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Registration Officer will be responsible for registering ID applicants in accordance with the relevant legal requirements
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent implements and supervises the enrollment, registration operations for citizens and non citizens, residents in the country and issuance of national identity cards
- Manages and ensures appropriate use of electronic registration equipment (biometric system) for verification and identification of physical characteristics of enrolled and registered persons
- The incumbent also answers all queries related to issuance, usability and issuance of ID cards
- Manages the deployment of biometric systems, ensuring performance standards within the operating environment in order produce appropriate person registers
- Ensures that the registration data embedded in the biometric system appropriately interfaces with the main database at the ICT centre
- The incumbent determines realistic threats to registration data embedded in the biometric system in collaboration with stakeholders and agencies and is responsible for risk mitigation
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Registration Officer (ID)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Registration Officer - IDs job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related field from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in a reputable public or private organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to liaise and network with other Government Departments
- Ability to effectively motivate and lead teams
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline