Organisation: Uganda Railways Corporation (URC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Concession Officer
Uganda Railways Corporation (URC) is a body corporate established under an Act of Parliament to construct, operate and maintain railway, marine and road services both inside and outside Uganda for the carriage of passengers and goods. As a result of privatisation of operations, the mandate of URC changed from that of an operator to that of asset holder, concession monitor and advisor on railway technical matters.
Job Summary: The Senior Concession Officer – Environment Health Safety & Quality Assurance (EHSQ) will inspect, verify, investigate, monitor and evaluate the concessionaire’s performance in regards to Environment, health, safety, quality assurance, operations performance etc. per the Concession Agreement and provide advice on best practice.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the implementation of the safety management plan of the Concessionaire to ensure regulatory compliance and develop preventive measures for incorporation in the operational plan of the company.
- The incumbent will manage, review and investigate potential safety, health and environment risks within the railway Sector.
- Routinely monitor and update Concessionaire maintenance of conceded assets and compliance to the risk management plan.
- Follow-up on routine inspections, verifications, assessments, samplings and schedule audits for conceded assets and non-conceded assets.
- Actively participate in preparation and examination of quantitative and qualitative focus reports on operations of the concessionaire carried out in and out of the country. This may include inspections, verification, assessments, audits and any other adhoc requirements.
- Examine all the actual data pertaining to the operational performance and make suggestions based on actual performance of Concessionaire in line with the safety management plan and the railway sector.
- Gather data relating to safety and risk management plans for Concessionaire of the railway sector.
- Actively participate and provide relevant data for URC business plan.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations Management or Membership of Chartered Institute of Logistics & transport, Occupational Health and Safety.
- Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Qualification in Occupational Health and Safety is a must.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Transport Safety Management will be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years working experience in Transport Sector.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence in Environment, Health and or safety Management.
- Previous experience in a regulatory environment
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications accompanied with a current CV clearly stating current position and responsibilities, photocopies of academic certificates and testimonials and complete addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) referees and their e-mail addresses to the address indicated below;
Office of the Managing Director,
Plot 57, Nasser Road,
P.O Box 7150, Kampala.
Deadline: 29th August, 2016