Job Title: Project Manager
Organization: PKF Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
PKF Uganda envisions being the leading Regional Firm, with a recognized global presence providing total quality and personalized service through relationships and empowered manpower and it has been in existence since 1964. Our client in the NGO Health Sector has an upcoming funding opportunity with a start date in April 2017.
Job Summary: The Project Manager will develop and monitor the implementation of systems, policies and procedures for aligning the various project objectives in terms of HIV/to health services from the district level to health facility and community level in the region in line with UNAIDS 90-90-90 goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and monitor the implementation of annual and quarterly consolidated work plans, procurement plans and budgets for HIV care, treatment and prevention services and MNCH services and as well as monitor the integration of related activities during district and facility planning and budgeting in line with program goals/objectives
· Keenly review and monitor sub-granting process to the district and follow-up accountability of the grants in liaison with grants officer and the organizational regional leaders and as well as implementing recommendations in line with organizational grants policy and UNAIDS 90-90-90 goals.
· Develop and monitor the implementation of 'HIV/STI/TB care, treatment and prevention' oriented capacity building program for district health workers based on clearly identified needs i.e. training, mentorship, and support supervision in line with the project objectives and UNAIDS 90-90-90 goals.
· Regularly monitor the compliance of the regional teams to the Human Resource systems and policies as well as conduct supervisory human resources support activities to maintain a competent and motivated team of organizational leaders in line with the Human resources manual.
· Develop and implement strategies to Strengthen engagement with civil society organizations and communities in health services, patient tracking systems for retention purposes plus a functional linkage/referral systems at community, health facility and district level in line with various program objectives and the Ministry of Health (MoH) related guidelines
· Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and networks with district key stakeholders and other partner organizations involved in HIV/STI/TB surveillance programs and advocate for comprehensive, relevant and harmonized interventions in line with various program objectives and MoH policies.
· Regularly monitor the implementation of procedures for enhancing periodic district audits/ quality improvement (01) interventions on the Health Commodity Supply and storage System plus the utilization of pharmaceuticals then follow up the implementation of
· Monitor the implementation of systems and guidelines for auditing and promoting assurance and compliance to the expected laboratory standards in the district in line with the MoH related guidelines
· Formulate and implement strategies for conducting periodic program review/lesson learnt meetings/ based on the set and agreed upon periodic targets for the programs and develop action plans for improvements including periodic report writing and feed back to stakeholders.
· Review and monitor the implementation of MoH quality improvement objectives and quality improvement projects in the supported districts and health facilities in line with the project objectives and MOH guidelines.
· Develop and monitor the implementation of initiatives for conducting 'HIV/STI/TB care, treatment and prevention' related operational research and as well write fundable proposals for program continuity in line with organizational research and donor guidelines of given projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in Pediatrics or Public health or any other relevant masters and must be registered with the relevant professional body.
· A minimum of five years’ experience in managing Health programs/projects with a reputable international NGO, and direct experience with local governance and donor representatives
· Previous experience in HIV/AIDS and ART is an added advantage.
· Have ever written research abstracts and manuscripts and even presented in conferences or published
· Skills in resource mobilization most especially writing proposals
· Team, networking and communication skills
· Must be dynamic,
· Persuasive &convincing
· Highly self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an email application with a fully updated CV and academic documents, email address and day-time telephone contact to this E-mail address; firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 2nd September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline