Job Title: Program Specialist – RH & HIV/AIDS
Organisation: Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU), formerly the International HIV/AIDS Alliance Uganda, is a national Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) which was registered in 2010. It works in partnership with other Community based Organizations (CBOs)/ local NGOs to support community action on integrated Sexual reproductive health and HIV/AIDS in Uganda. CHAU is an affiliate and accredited to International HIV/AIDS Alliance as its Linking Organization. This partnership facilitates CHAU to engage and collaborate with IHAA’s global network which includes over 40 independent organizations spread across the world. CHAU through its global strategic partnerships, is able learn from and adapt international best practices and experiences to the local context in the areas of organizational development, capacity building, community systems strengthening, Advocacy and quality service delivery.
Job Summary: The Program Specialist – RH & HIV/AIDS will provide programming & technical leadership on all CHAU projects that relate with Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in program operational planning and implementation processes in line with CHAU strategy
- Offer quality assurance to Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS program related communication to both CHAU internal and external stakeholders
- Actively participate and contribute towards resource mobilization for CHAU programs
- Establish and maintain partnership with M.O.H and other partners
- Offer technical guidance and input in production of BCC materials that focus on RH and HIV/AIDS.
- Build the capacity of staff and implementing partners to enable them implement RH and HIV/AIDS projects better
- Adopt/develop sexual reproductive implementation models that are context specific to different CHAU Implementing partners
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Program Specialist – RH & HIV/AIDS should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, Reproductive health or any related Social Sciences Field.
- Masters’ Degree in public health, Development Studies, Social Sciences or relevant field required
- A minimum of four years or more of relevant experience from a reputable organization carrying out similar work
- Broad knowledge of Reproductive health issues and SRHR
- Familiar with the implementation of HIV/AIDS and reproductive health Programs.
- Current policies and laws related to reproductive health and HIV AIDS.
- Good knowledge of project planning and management
- Good budgeting skills
- Good facilitation and presentation skills
- Integration of Reproductive health into other programs
- Skilled in capacity building for youths who are the target group and implementing partners.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates for the above post should submit applications with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, name and address of three referees and a day time contact telephone number to the International HIV/AIDS Alliance offices addressed to: The Executive Director, Community Health Alliance, Plot 19, Kawalya Kaggwa Close, Kololo P. O. Box 40333, Kampala, Uganda.
NB: Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 26th August 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline