Job Title: Personal Assistant
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director (ED)
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Personal Assistant will provide executive personal support and facilitation for a more efficient and effective functioning of the Executive Director’s office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent keeps the Executive Director’s dairy, (preparing itineraries as and when required)
- The Personal Assistant also arranges meeting appointments in liaison with the Executive Assistant and briefs the ED accordingly to ensure that the ED keeps them
- Writes Executive Director’s speeches based on researched facts and information on the relevant subject matter
- Handles various correspondences in the ED’s office including replies to letters/queries and emails and updates the ED in an appropriate and timely manner
- The PA makes travel arrangements for the ED including flights, visas and accommodation, and ensures availability of appropriate information concerning the business of the trip.
- Prepares for Management team meetings
- Supports the preparation of technical, management and board papers
- Works in liaison with the Executive Assistant to produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
- The incumbent accompanies the ED on business trips as and when required
- Manages all queries and requests directed to the ED as and when appropriate
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the ED and/or Executive assistant
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Personal Assistant job placement should hold an honors Degree in Business related field, Public Administration, Law, Social Sciences or other relevant field from a recognized university
- A minimum of three years relevant work experience in a reputable Government or public institution
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Excellent communication skills and report writing
- High level of organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision
- Computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline