Job Title: Stores Controller
Organisation: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Rakai, Uganda
Reports to: Stores Manager
Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization (non-profit). It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the District of Rakai, South Western Uganda. It is based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute - Entebbe and Kalisizo in Rakai District.
Job Summary: The Stores Controller will assist and be part of the Stores and stock control team which manages the stocks processes and the general stores practices. The incumbent will play a key role in stock receiving, counting, record keeping, preparation of dispatches, maintaining order and cleanliness, and keeping the general safety of stocks, staff and the facility, in a way that contributes directly to RHSP's goal and objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support in sorting, pre packing and labeling of requested goods before dispatch.
- Support in dispatching goods to their respective users.
- Assist in receipt of goods / supplies in to the stores.
- Post daily goods' transactions both receipts and dispatches on to the Bin cards in real time.
- Assist in routine stock taking and daily stock reconciliation.
- The Stores controller will be responsible for categorizing goods/ supplies neatly on to their respective ranks in the store/ware house.
- Inspect daily cleanliness and hygiene of the stores.
- In charge of the daily inspection of drugs in the stores and look for damages spills and expires.
- Assist in secondary packaging at the warehouse.
- As will be instructed from time to time, among other things, provide periodic performance reports.
- Perform all other duties as shall be assigned by Management/ supervisor-, adhere to all RHSP policies, procedures and demonstrate high integrity.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should hold a Degree or Diploma in Stores Management, Procurement and Logistics management, or Humanities, and any other similar qualifications.
- One year of experience in stores handling is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of managing pharmaceutical and health products is an added advantage.
- Able-bodied, flexible and energetic, ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated track record in customer relations management.
- The candidate must also be computer literate with experience in the use of Microsoft Office documents; and skills in stock software (Tally) for data management and reporting.
- The candidate should be a person of integrity.
- Possess excellent communication with good interpersonal skills.
- Age: 25-35 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (CV) with three recognizable referees to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Rakai Health Sciences Program,
P.O. Box 279, Kalisizo, Rakai, Uganda
Send by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 19th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline