Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programs
The Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB) was founded in 1957 as a registered faith based Non-Governmental Organization under the Trustees Incorporation Act (CAP 165) as Registered Trustees of the Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau. UPMB brings together Protestant Churches in Uganda involved in Provision of Health Services. It serves as a link between Government and / or Development Partners and UPMB-Member Institutions and provides support to its members through capacity strengthening, coordination, lobbying and Advocacy, public relations and translation of government policies.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will take lead in developing M&E plans for health department programs and projects, tools for monitoring and evaluation, monitoring the achievement of program and project objectives and conducting intermediary evaluation activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will offer support to the UPMB secretariat in establishing an M&E framework and system to ensure effective implementation of the UPMB strategic plan as well as key project based initiatives.
- Work closely with member units to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data which is needed for an effective M&E system to be utilized in monitoring of strengths, weaknesses and gaps in program implementation
- Prepare and submit periodic (monthly, quarterly and annual) M&E reports based on agreed performance indicators that shall guide decision making and program implementation,
- Serve as a key liaison between the UPMB secretariat and other national or international agencies on matters of M&E including HMIS
- Ensure that member units are regularly provided with national HMIS tools and relevant staff are oriented and updated on HMIS policies, guidelines and tools
- Ensure submission of data into the national online systems such as DHIS2, OPENMRS, Mtrac etc
- Documentation of best practices and lessons learnt
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in statistics or a qualification in a related field
- A minimum of four years’ experience in M&E programs for large NGOs with good working knowledge of the Uganda national HMIS.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Adaptable and able to work in stressful conditions
- Fairness and Maturity
- Excellent analytical skills
- Fully computer literate with working knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications
- Familiarity with research and scientific data collection methods
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with e-mail addresses, telephone numbers and two references addressed to:
The Chairman Board of Directors,
Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau,
P.O. Box 4127 Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 19th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline