Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organization: Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Monitoring and Evaluation
The Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC) was established in 1992 by an Act of Parliament (Cap 208) and is situated under the Presidency of the Republic of Uganda. The Act provides for the Commission to Oversee, Plan and Coordinate AIDS Prevention and Control activities throughout Uganda - in particular to mobilize, expedite and monitor resources for the HIV/AIDS control programmes and activities.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will monitor and evaluate programmes and activities of UAC and various participants in the coordination, management and implementation of the national response
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Routinely monitor the implementation of activities and attainment of targets specified in the annual priority action plans;
· Regularly monitor the implementation of priority actions in the annual aide memoires
· The incumbent will coordinate & convene M&E TWG meetings
· Provide technical support and guidance to stakeholders in the implementation of the National Monitoring and Evaluation Framework;
· Offer technical support and guidance to joint and sector reviews of the progress of the a National response;
· Identify, document and submit reports on obstacles/ challenges to the successful implementation of UAC policies and programmes to coordinator, Monitoring and Evaluation;
· Provide technical support to the special surveys and National-level impact assessment studies of the national response;
· Offer technical support to the review and updating the National Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
· Prepare and submit performance reports on the monitoring and evaluation exercises carried out to the coordinator, Monitoring and Evaluation
· Offer relevant input into the UAC database for the national response;
· Prepare and submit to the Head of Department work plans and budgets for monitoring and evaluation programmes and activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UAC Monitoring and Evaluation Officer job opportunity should hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or Statistics plus a post-graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation from recognized awarding institutions.
· A minimum of six years’ working experience at the level of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in a public or reputable private Organization.
· Prior M&E experience with an HIV AIDS agency is of added advantage.
· Effective Communicate skills;
· Skills and knowledge of programme monitoring and evaluation
· Good data collection, sorting and analysis skills
· Team work and interpersonal Relations
· Application of relevant programme monitoring and evaluation packages;
· Good planning, organizing and coordinating;
· Concern for quality and standards;
· High degree of ethics and integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should provide a cover letter expressing interest in the job, a detailed CV, including names, addresses, and phone contacts of three professional referees, copies of professional/educational certificates and send it to:
The Director General, Uganda AIDS Commission, Plot 1-3 Salim Bay Road Ntinda, and P.O Box 10779, Kampala. Uganda OR hand deliver the application to its offices indicated above from 8.00am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline