Job Title: Institutional Sales Trader
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 18550
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Our international team provides trading, sales, structuring and risk management solutions for our clients across global financial markets. This includes FX, commodities, equity, credit, fixed income and debt instruments. We also offer market insight, trading services, analytics and new financial products across a number of asset classes.
Job Summary: The Institutional Sales Trader will ensure growth in company revenue by providing responsive, pro-active, proficient and efficient services to existing and potential clients in order to grow market share and retain existing business. The incumbent will alert clients to wealth creation opportunities offered by the stock exchange. The jobholder will also develop, maintain and build strong long-standing relationships with existing and potential clients with a bias towards institutional and high net worth clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Source for equity trades from both local and foreign institutions.
· Carry out KYC on new clients to establish client’s investments needs so as to help them make efficient investment decisions suitable to their profiles.
· Meet agreed on sales targets.
· Build relationships, earn trust and buy in from customers in order to get repeat and referral business and promote customer retention.
· Understand the overall sales strategy of the company and drive business towards achieving this purpose.
· Proactively understand the clients’ strategic direction and long-term needs as well as the opportunities and threats to the client.
· Develop and nurture strategic relationships with the clients to ensure that the strategy and business/personal objectives of the client and the company are achieved.
· Consistently deliver high quality service to all customers; internal & external.
· Maintain confidentiality of customer information at all times.
· Prospecting for new clients through networking opportunities provided both internally and externally and actively following up leads to close a deal.
· Build and manage relationships with other market players mainly licensed members of the NSE & USE, custodians and fund managers.
· Keep updated with current market trends both local and international, utilize research reports and actively look for information to be able to give recommendations to both existing and potential clients.
· Be part of the team involved in formulating sales and marketing strategies and campaigns especially those targeting potential investors.
· Source for Credible industry/Companies ‘soft information’ (Stock Market Gossip) and relay the same to Institutional investors.
· The incumbent will manage your clients’ portfolio and advice them accordingly on any buy or sell decisions.
· Carry out and ensure that clients have met the KYC documentation requirements for the company.
· Ensure that all buy and sell orders originating from clients to the dealing team have proper approvals and complete documentation.
· Assist with maintaining commercial paper programmes, renewing, ordering certificates and cheque forwarding as assigned.
· Educate clients on the existing company policies and procedures as well as basic introduction to the stock market and how it operates.
· Be part of the team called on to give presentations to potential clients on the company as well as the stock market.
· Ensure that integrity and honesty is maintained at all times in all client dealings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Institutional Sales Trader job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree preferably in business studies.
· A minimum of two years experience within an investment banking environment
· Previous sales and marketing qualification is desirable
· Broad knowledge of the Capital Markets Authority and workings of the Uganda stock exchange & Nairobi Securities Exchange.
· Ability to analyze and utilize various research reports as well as financial information.
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· Good presentation skills.
· Ability to work well in a team environment.
· Professional work ethic and positive attitude.
· Be pleasant, outgoing and a persuasive person.
· Target driven.
· Customer service skills.
· Ability to listen and probe effectively to determine customers real needs.
· Ability to remain calm under pressure.
· Focus on getting a deal closed.
· Highly self-motivated.
· Integrity and honesty.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 26th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline