Job Title: Hygiene and Sanitation Officer
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Regional Coordinator WASH
Duty Station: Hoima, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Hygiene and Sanitation Officer will provide technical support and capacity building on sanitation and hygiene in project area and network within the sector with various stakeholders to achieve World Vision’s child wellbeing out comes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build capacity of HSAs and ADP CDFs to implement WASH activities in target communities and schools to fulfill child wellbeing out comes.
- Work closely with Cluster Managers to provide guidance in needs assessment and validation of the 5 year sanitation and hygiene annual plans for each ADP.
- Provide guidance in development of annual budget and annual activity plans for all software activities and ensure they are implemented timely and are of high quality in each ADP;
- Compile and submit sanitation and hygiene monthly and quarterly reports to the Regional Coordinator, ADP/Cluster Program Managers and other partners in the area of operation.
- Work in close collaboration with the ADP Cluster Management (Especially ADP CDFs) ensuring that project implementation is integrated into ADP programming through frequent dialogue and support;
- Provide technical backstopping and guidance to Hygiene and Sanitation Assistants and the ADP CDFs who are responsible for WASH projects within assigned area of operation.
- Ensure close collaboration and working relationship with relevant Local Government department staff
- Offer technical support to the M&E team and Regional Coordinator in documenting good practices and other key learning areas on WASH.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision Hygiene and Sanitation Officer employee should hold a university degree in Public Health, environmental health or related disciplines from a recognized University
- Good computer skills and ability to write technical reports
- At least two years’ experience in implementing health, and WASH related activities preferably within an International NGO
- Very strong facilitation and communication skills
- Good Computer skills and ability to write technical reports
- Ability to ride a motor cycle with a clean riders’ license, class A
- Excellent communication skills and be courteous in working with communities.
- Knowledge of PRA methods and willingness to live in the rural communities in the project areas.
- Must be fluent in applicable local Languages and English.
- Knowledge about CLTS, CHAST and PHAST methods are added advantage
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline