Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Human Resource
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer- (Payroll and Employee Relations) will primarily coordinate the payroll and administration of other staff benefits.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers support in the preparation and processing of the payroll for all company employees, ensuring comprehensiveness, timeliness and accuracy
- Collates and inputs of all relevant information for monthly payroll (including new starters, leavers, benefits, contract changes etc.) and ensuring appropriate documentation and authorization
- Works closely with the Finance department to ensure timely tax returns and other statutory returns and remittances
- Handles queries and provides guidance to staff and managers in relation to pay, insurance, statutory deductions, staff benefits and related policies and procedures
- Maintains detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit /compliance purposes, in accordance with statutory and/or other requirements
- Keenly monitors and maintains information in relation to employee records – leave, overtime, HR trends etc. Participates in the preparation of HR reports as required from time to time
- Offers support in the administration of employee programmes (e.g. health benefits, Gratuity, pension, and so on)
- Works closely with insurers/service providers on issues of medical, workman’s compensation and related claims and/or queries
- Supports the department in compilation and submission of salary survey or other staff survey data
- Continually monitors and updates HR statistical data to ensure trends are accurately reported
- Works in close collaboration with department managers and supervisors to plan Leave and manage the annual leave calendar in line with the Leave Policy and procedures
- Actively participates in the development and maintenance of HR Information systems as updated from time to time
- The incumbent supports HR Department in handling staff issues related to welfare including health, death and other staff benefits
- The incumbent coordinates the provision of adequate welfare services and facilities to all employees and advise the HR Manager on staff discipline and other HR legislations according to the organization policy
- Performs any other duties which may be assigned from time to time by the Manager Human Resource or other authorized party.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Human Resource Officer- (Payroll and Employee Relations) career placement should hold an Honor’s Bachelor Degree in Human Resource or Organizational Psychology, Social Sciences, Business Administration or other relevant field from a recognized University
- Possession of a Post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management would be an added advantage
- At least three years of relevant working experience in a reputable public or private organization. Previous experience administering payroll in a busy environment is an added advantage
- Computer literacy – working knowledge of MS office with medium to advanced Excel skills
- Impeccable level of integrity and confidentiality in dealing with payroll and other HR related issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High sense of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline