Job Title: Head of Information Systems
Organisation: Uganda Telecom Limited (UTL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
Uganda Telecom is committed to providing exceptional telecommunication services that meet our customer’s needs and improve our efficiency.
Job Summary: The Head of Information Systems will take lead development and implementation of information technology, take full accountability for all information systems within the company as well as assist in the identification and implementation of new technology to support strategic business growth
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will develop and maintain the IS strategy for the organization including initiating and managing, development projects to refresh or renew all IS processes and systems solutions to the company and to enable the introduction of the newest IS technology.
· Manage efficiently all outsourced SLAs and vendor relationships, to ensure timely delivery and budget compliance of all SS services to the business as per the agreed performance and quality standards departmental SLA’s.
· Prepare, implement and manage the annual and inter-term budgets, manages the S resources and cost base of the business to agreed performance and budget standards.
· Formulate and implement departmental policies on problems, rules and regulations that ensure efficiency and effectiveness in relation to Information Systems.
· Ensure that manual interventions are eliminated in all business work processes.
· Develop data and record management policies according to defined 45 standards and monitor overall adherence
· Coach, mentor staff and manage overall performance of IS department against set KPls.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Master’s degree in any computer-related field (added advantage) but must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field e g. Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS)
· Professional IT certification in operating systems and other technology products i.e. MCSE - Microsoft Certified System Engineer, MCSA - Microsoft Certified System Administrator and MCP - Microsoft Certified Professional
· At least ten years of IT work experience
· Five years of strategic management experience in an IT function within a multinational environment
· A minimum of two years’ experience managing outsourced contracts and managed service agreements.
· Previous experience in a leadership position
· Knowledge of computer engineering, programming, networking or database management
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates willing to work with one of Uganda’s leading telecom companies, UTL should send their applications to:
The Chief Human Resources & Administration Officer,
Human Resources & Administration Office,
3rd Floor, Telephone House,
P.O. Box 7171, Kampala. Uganda
OR E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 2nd September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline