Job Title: Operations Officer
Organization: East, Central and Southern African Health Community (ECSA-HC)
Project Funding Source: Global Fund
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director, Project
The East, Central and Southern African Health Community (ECSA-HC) is a regional intergovernmental organization set up in 1974 to foster cooperation that will lead to the strengthening of health care programmes in the region and promote the attainment of the highest possible standards of health among member states. The Member States of the ECSA Health Community are Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The Global Fund Project is a 4-year project that commenced in November 2015 to support National TB Reference Laboratories in 18 countries namely: Botswana, Burundi, Eritrea, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe to improve TB diagnosis in the ECSA Region. ECSA-HC is coordinating and facilitating the project as a Principal Recipient while Uganda Supra National Reference Laboratory (SRL) is the Sub-recipient and implementer of the project.
Job Summary: The Operations Officer will support the ECSA Health Community Global Fund Project (GF).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide leadership and overall support for the project
· The incumbent will manage the planning, initiation and implementation of the project
· Provide operational support and supervision of project activities
· Work closely with regional partners, donors, ECSA-HC team and other stakeholders in the implementation of the project
· Ensure that the project utilizes GF standardized protocols, policies and guidelines
· Ensure that all activities are consistent with established best practices.
· Actively participate in the development of annual program budgets;
· Ensure implementation of project related activities are in line with the approved budgets
· Ensure all program activities are implemented in compliance with GF requirements.
· Actively promote the quality of the project by setting up quality assurance mechanisms
· Oversee all tasks executed by the other members of the project implementing team
· Establish or adapt existing systems and procedures for successful implementation of the project.
· Develop an annual implementation plans, procurement plans and budgets under the guidance of the Project Coordinator.
· Regularly monitor the execution of the annual implementation plan as well as the procurement plan and budget.
· Prepare monthly sight reports, summarizing the activities undertaken and key implementation challenges.
· Ensure timely submission of interim financial reports and progress reports on project performance indicators, working closely with the project Finance officer and M&E officer.
· Maintain an inventory of all project assets in the Uganda SRL’s possession working with the Finance officer and entire project team
· Develop and maintain an administrative system to track all GF documentation at the SRL.
· Facilitate follow-up and approval of GF specific contracts and documentation
· Ensure orientation of the GF project staff on all relevant Uganda SRL policies and procedures.
· The incumbent will develop and maintain filing system for each project Country.
· Perform any other task relevant to the project as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or a relevant social science field. A post graduate qualification in management and administration will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of five years of relevant work experience
· Previous experience in donor funded projects is preferred.
· Prior experience in management in the health sector is required.
· Language: Fluency in both spoken and written English
· Age: Between 28 and 55 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications comprising of a cover letter expressing the candidate’s motivation for the job and current curriculum vitae with names and contact/addresses of three referees should reach the address below;
East, Central and Southern Africa Health Community,
P.O. Box 1009, Arusha, Tanzania
Email to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline