Job Title: Project Assistant Central
Organisation: Marie Stopes International (MSI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception and safe post-abortion care services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
Job Summary: The Project Assistant’s primary role is to coordinate coupon projects across all donor projects through the hotline systems and ensure increased knowledge, and utilization of all coupons which will lead to an increased number of clients accessing various services from Marie Stopes Centres. This person is also expected to be able to provide quality counselling and referrals through the hotline to improve attitudes and behaviour towards Sexual Reproductive Health services in Uganda. A key performance indicator will be the increased awareness and up-take of PAC and Family Planning services by clients referred to centres through the hotline.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
In charge of monitoring and coordinating coupon projects across all donors through the Hotline system to ensure that the platforms are functioning well through;
- Providing coupon performance reports on a weekly and monthly basis to the Communications manager.
- Spearhead client follow up to ensure utilization of the E-coupon. This will include submitting a report on coupons issued and redeemed per counsellor each month
- Sending feedback and correspondence with the coupon partners including Ideas 42.
- Provide training to hotline counsellors and centre staff on platform functionality and on coupon management procedure to ensure that coupons are issued and closed.
- Coordinating with MSU centre administration on coupon client management procedures
Provide quality counselling and MSU product information through the Hotline by;
- Provide telephone counseling, information and referral to callers on a day-to-day basis
- Document records from all the calls received using the Hotline data capture tool
- The incumbent will develop and continuously update the Hotline referral database.
- Refer clients with complex problems to specialists or to other institutions
- Actively participate in regular trainings and capacity building activities geared at equipping counselors with the latest telephone counseling techniques
- Attend counselor’s daily debriefing and mentoring sessions
- Maintain strict confidentiality with Client data
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in Counseling, Psychology or Nursing,
- At least one year’s experience in providing counseling services in areas mentioned.
- Telephone counselling experience.
- Knowledge of Hotline Data capture tools
- High level of verbal communication skills,
- Good documentation skills and problem solving skills.
- Good Internet and computer skills,
- Active listening and Social perceptiveness,
- Critical thinking and Complex problem solving,
- Oral expression and comprehension as well as speech recognition.
- Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution.
- Innovative: Thinking creatively so that ideas generated create a positive outcome.
- Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other.
- Responsive: Being responsive to changing priorities and demands.
- Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met.
- Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results.
- Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
The Project Assistant is required to demonstrate MSU’s core values of:
- Accountability of all staff to each other and our clients and stakeholders
- Equality of opportunity and access
- Value for money in the management of our resources
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Click Here -> Select Project Assistant Central
Deadline: 5th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline