Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Organization: KSK Associates
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
KSK Associates is a Professional Services Firm that provides Financial Consultancy Services including Assurance and Business Advisory Services, Business Planning, Feasibility studies & Project Proposal Preparation, Human Resource, Risk Management and Information System Solutions. They would like to recruit for a valuable client in the hotel business.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts under his or her control.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Accounts Assistant will receive, review and process all invoices, requisitions and requests for payment according to the specified procedures;
- Keep safe custody of important documents (cheque books, customer’s information);
- Report to the Accountant about money received, acknowledge receipt of funds and file all documentation;
- Ensure proper financial management in the accounts office in preparation for monthly cash counts;
- Establish and maintain an efficient and accurate filing system;
- In charge of compiling and filing returns for statutory deductions like NSSF and PAYE;
- Provide financial information to the senior accountants and external auditors;
- Bank Agent: Responsible for delivering and receiving banking instructions to and from the bank, make deposits both cash and cheques;
- Generate and send out invoices;
- Follow up on, and collect payments;
- Investigate and resolve customer queries;
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, or personally;
- In charge of managing petty cash.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Accounts Assistant job placement must hold a bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance, or a related filed from a recognized institution;
- Professional qualification such as CPA or ACCA is an added advantage;
- A minimum of one year’s of related working experience;
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in QuickBooks;
- Must be a person of good moral character;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good conflict management and communication skills;
- Good time management skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications together with detailed resumes, copies of academic documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the title of the position in the subject line.
Kindly address applications to;
The Recruitment Officer
Plot 24A Hannington Road
KSK Green Campus
P.O. Box 70434 Kampala-Uganda
Deadline: 10th August 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline