Job Title: Executive Director
Organisation: Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: PPDA Board of Directors
The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) is established under the PPDA Act No.1 of 2003 to develop standards and regulate procurement and disposal practices in respect of all Procuring and Disposing Entities which include Central Government Ministries and Departments, Local Governments, State Enterprises, Constitutional and Statutory Bodies and post primary training institutions.
Job Summary: The Executive Director will provide strategic leadership and management to the PPDA and is responsible for ensuring that PPDA has a clear and compelling vision and strategic plan that is supported by an effective system of strategic measurement, risk management and governance framework. The role bears the ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the organization is organised, managed and controlled in such a way so as to maximise the delivery of the PPDA mandate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regulatory Oversight: Ensure the application of fair, competitive, transparent, non-discriminatory and value for money practices in public procurement and disposal in Uganda.
- Strategic Development and Implementation: Provide inspirational leadership to PPDA team ensuring that PPDA has a clear and compelling vision and well developed strategic plans that result in the delivery of quality services and the requirements of its mandate.
- Strategic Partnerships and Collaborations: Lead and develop strategic level collaborative partnerships that will maximise PPDA’s capacity to influence the quality of public procurements.
- Board Governance: Work closely with the Board of Directors to provide PPDA with policies, strategic measurement, and other mechanisms that will ensure effective and efficient governance and operation of the Authority
- Financial Management: Take the lead to ensure that PPDA has the resources for the sustainable delivery of its mission and strategic objectives and maximise its absorption rate per quarter and at all times ensuring the highest standards of legal and ethical compliance, including accountability and value for money:
- Team and Performance Management: To lead the members of the Executive / Senior
- Management Team in a manner that empowers them to maximise the Authority’s success and work according to high standards.
- National and International Representation: To represent PPDA at national and international level, contributing towards the organization’s vision.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Executive Director job opportunity must at least hold a Masters in Procurement, Law, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Business Administration or Business Related subject.
- Honours degree or equivalent in any of the above fields.
- Full Professional certification or Post graduate qualification in procurement is an added advantage.
- At least ten years’ management experience with at least five years heading department/directorate functions
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Government of Uganda procedures (policy, planning, budgeting, payments and reporting)
- Understanding of the PPDA Act and attendant Regulations, Guidelines and procedures
- Demonstrable experience in strategy development and implementation
- Significant experience in strategic relationship building, resource mobilization, and advocacy
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven integrity record
- Excellent communication skills
- Age: Below 55 years
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send their envelopes clearly marked “Application for the Post of ………………..” with an application letter and detailed CV indicating three independent referees; certified copies of academic certificates starting with O’ level and two current passport photographs addressed to:
The Board Chairman,
Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority,
Plot 37 Nakasero Road, 5th Floor. UEDCL Tower
P.O. Box 3925, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 9th September, 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline